Saturday, May 29, 2010

Head over heels

I am completely and utterly in LOVE with this little boy!I never thought I'd be so head over heels in love with anything like I am with Cole. I just can't help it! I love his hair. I love his long, creepy "water skis" (aka toes) as Jeff calls them that remind me of a little monkey who can grip things with their feet. I love all the grunts, growls, and groans he makes at me.... it reminds me of Tim the Toolman Taylor and his arh, arh, arh, arh grunt. I love how he stretches and arches his back every time he has to wake up. I love that he sleeps 3-4 hours at a stretch at night. I love how he takes naps in his crib, unlike his sister. I love how easy it's been to nurse him and how we cuddle in the middle of the night when all is quiet and it's just us. I love how he curls up on my chest and his little butt fits in the palm of my hands. I love how he refuses to burp most feedings. I love his skinny arms, legs, and bum... the little baby wrinkles until they plump out. I love his "nipple lip" callous. I love his long fingers and sharp little nails that I have to try and keep covered with mittens at night so he doesn't scratch his beautiful face. I love how much he looks like his Dad. I love how he is a spittin' image of Pearl when she was born but with blond hair (and more of it) instead of black. I just love, love, love everything about my beautiful, adorable, baby boy!

It's different this time around than it was with Pearl. I mean I love that little girl with all her spunk, stubbornness, and imagination (I couldn't resist posting some pictures of her too) but when she was born it took me a little while to really believe she was mine. I think I was in a bit of shock about the whole thing. With Cole, I was instantly twitter-patted the second I saw him. But can you really blame me?
Oh and I have to give a BIG thanks to Uncle Bob (Robert Dyer Photography) for the beautiful pictures! We have a zillion pictures but none compare to these gorgeous ones!

11 comments:

partingsorrow said...

You have a beautiful family Jenny!

lindsey hill said...

I am so jealous that you are related to Robert, he did all of our engagement and wedding pictures and I LOVED him!!! I just can't afford him :) so I am totally jealous cause you probably get a family discount! Cole is so stinking cute!!! The offer is still there by the way to take Pearl for a while so you can take a nap!!

Emilee said...

oh my! so cute! great pics of both kids!! congrats! i thought baby 2 was way easier than baby 1...good thing! and LOVE the aggie gear!

Jeff Johnson said...

I love my baby boy too.

Parker Family said...

The pictures are great and you do have a beautiful baby boy.

Shelly Traveller said...

I don't blame you! You are pretty lucky! Beautiful pictures!

Miriam said...

What beautiful pictures of both!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Kami said...

Can't wait to meet that boy. Don't let him lose any hair until I come to see him! :)

Kelsie said...

He is so cute! I totally love his hair! What a sweet boy.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

He is so freaking adorable!! And all of those pictures are great. Pearl is also adorable. You and Jeff make pretty cute kids!

Nicole said...

ADORABLE