We're going to Disneyland!
Not really.
I've never been to Disneyland and sadly for my own children, don't ever plan to go. It helps that Jeff gets sick on amusement park rides. And that we don't have cable T.V. to remind them of any Disney channel commercials promoting the happiest place on earth.
But...
We do go to Disney on Ice every year. I almost didn't bother {fine, remember} with tickets this year but then had the thought that I'm probably only a few years away from Pearl being totally appalled at the idea of going or even being seen with her mother. So I sluffed work, had my sister-in-law and niece sluff work and school and off we went.
What in the world is up with Pearl's face? In both pictures? It must be the excitement.
And as per tradition, each kid got their own tub of popcorn. And of course, a ridiculously overpriced toy. It's a scandal. Pearl got a Tiana or Cinderella horse which was actually less overpriced than I originally guessed. Ruby got a Little Mermaid necklace. And Fern, well, in a see of pink and purple and sparkly princesses as far as the eye could see, somehow that boy spotted the one, single toy for boys. A sword. You can imagine the fun we had with that.
The show was way better than last year. Rapunzel flying around in the air with her hair was pretty cool. Even Cole liked that part. He barely squeaked through intermission, declaring he wanted to go home. Luckily the Zamboni was entertaining enough during intermission to give him the boost he needed to make it through the end of the show.
The kids humored Emily and I afterwards with a few pictures. They were saying, "Disney on Ice!" They make me laugh.
Seriously! Can we not have one decent picture together?
Compare to E.Z. and Ruby-juby.
At least Rue-bug always has a smile for me! And E.Z. don't kill me! I am totally having baby hunger pains seeing that cute belly! Seriously. Isn't my sis-in-law amazingly beautiful pregnant? I can't wait to meet my new niece at the end of April!!! Gah! My uterus is screaming for a baby.... don't worry, Jeff doesn't read my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment