Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I don't want to go home: Day 4

Today was the perfect Bear Lake day.

The sun was warm but not scorching hot.

The air was crisp and fresh.

The dog and kids slept in.

My brothers saved us from a Zombie Apocalypse. 


I talked Jeff into renting jet skis for the afternoon.

We played at the beach for hours.

My Grandpa and Grandma Allen came over to say hi and enjoy the perfectness of the day.


My Dad actually put on his swimming suit... mainly because we had water toys he had to play with.


We ate off of my Mom's "Bear Lake fine china" for lunch.


We all stunk from not showering or combing our hair for at least four days and we didn't even care. 

Blu claimed my Dad's favorite chair as her own. Never mind that we own two of the exact same chairs... she wanted to sit in my Dad's. 


We didn't have any meal duties today.

And I got to see the Hunger Games movie finally.. technically it was last night and early this morning. Disappointing but now I want to read the books again so that's a good thing.

It was the perfect day at the lake. I almost cried at the thought of going home. I wanted to stay all week. I felt relaxed and had more fun this time than any other time this summer. I don't know why. Maybe I just needed four days of this....


And this...


I miss summer already.

No comments: