Monday, September 10, 2012

I don't want to go home: Day 3

Alright, so today I did have a slight thought that maybe I did want to go home. 

I made everyone, including my Zombie Apocalypse killing brothers who wouldn't put the video game down for five seconds, to get on their swimming suits and head for the beach. 

Bad idea.

The second we hit the sand, all three kids started not just whining, but full on sound-like-someone-is-torturing-them screaming over the slightest thing! First was the gross muck smell. Funny side note here. I wanted Blu to try her paws at swimming so I started to march out through the muck like a big girl, when whoof! I sunk up to my knees in decaying willows and algae and geese poop and who knows what else! It was so disgusting! My poor puppy followed me like a good girl would and sank right down with me, nosediving it right into the methane fused slime. Yuck. We eventually made our way to the water where I had to dunk Blu to get the scum off of her. Man did we stink after!

Anyway, back to the screaming. Then it was because we had to walk on the rocks - even with flip flops on - to get to water to avoid the before mentioned feet of grossness. Then it was because the water touched them. And there were willows and reeds sticking out of the water. Then something about the tubes and a full fledged panic attack by Pearl that she was going to drown in five inches of warm water. By now, Pearl and Ruby were both screaming at the top of their lungs and Cole couldn't decide if he wanted to sit on the tubes or have me hold him or drown himself. Oh, and then there was Blu. She followed us out into the water, swimming as mightily as she could for the first time, but got tired really quick and tried to climb on the tubes. Yeah. That went over well with two freaking out five-year-olds. Oh and if that wasn't enough, at this point the men had made it down to the beach. Jeff yanked Pearl out of the water (and saved Blu was was starting to look like a drowned, wet rat) and marched her right on up to the trailer. Ruby then started screaming at Jesse because she didn't want him to die in the muck trying to get out to us in the water. She didn't get that Emily and I wanted her to zip it so we could see him face plant it in the muck.

After losing Pearl and Blu, Jesse making his way safely through the muck, and getting Cole to the beach to get warm, things finally settled down. My brothers and I then decided to make the most of our beach disaster by throwing giant rocks into the muck and seeing how high we could get the nastiness to splash.



Don't let the tranquility of this picture fool you. My gosh! It was a royal disaster! Who's brilliant idea was it in the first place, anyway?




The moon once again proved a spectacular sight that night. It was memorizing. And since Jeff was busy playing games on his phone and didn't want to listen to me nag him anymore about "Look at the moon now, Jeff! Oh it's so pretty! Jeff, look! Wow!" I decided to goof off and try to write my name with my camera, using only the moonlight. If you hold your computer upside down and backwards and then look in the reflection on the lake, you can almost make out a "Jenny" in there.




1 comment:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I definitely see a Jenny in the moon picture :)