Easter: The hunt
Jeff told me he wanted to be in charge of the egg hunt this year.
By all means, be my guest!!!
I think deep down, he secretly wants to recreate my Grandma Jewkes' over-the-top ridiculousness of an egg hunt he's heard so much about. I think he might have participated in one of the hunts before we were married but he missed out on a small fortune by not being born into the family in the first place. So this year, he told me he was doing money eggs. $50 of gold coins to be exact... plus some spare change he found in pennies.
We planned it out that every adult got to find and keep one camouflage egg. Each camo egg had $3 in one-dollar coins. The only rule was you had to pay $5 to get in the egg hunt. Everything else was a free-for-all. No age limits.We figured if people took this serious, everyone would come out even or ahead of the $5 entrance fee.
I promise it wasn't rigged, but when we tallied up all the candy and coins, my little family walked away with $28 plus some pennies.
Let the egg hunting begin!



Always stylin' EZ had to have a little help finding her camo egg.
My sickly brother Jesse had pneumonia. So Jeff set up a special quarantined egg hunt just for him... with empty eggs! It was hilarious! And I did make up all the baking sprees without him (remember the pie and snickerdoodles) by baking him his own batch of snickerdoodles to take home.
Hard to believe, but this entire bin was full of eggs before the hunt.
The kids got to turn their eggs in for a basket of goodies. My mom did this last year and it worked wonders because they all get the same stuff so no one fights over anything.
The tech geeks. I love my brothers, but I swear if Jesse wins another Ipad or Iphone or whatever the latest gizmo is, we're going to disown him!
The ever embarrassing family photos. With the exception of my gorgeous sister. I hate her (Mom, I am totally kidding... but does she have to come looking like a model when I'm sweating and have my hair pulled back from cooking all day?).



Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment