Easter: The food
I know it's a week late for Easter celebrations, but I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately.
Weird.
At any rate, Jeff and I hosted our family's traditional egg hunt and Easter dinner last Saturday. We really enjoy having everyone over... well I do at least. Jeff is ever so reminded of the crazy family he fell in love with when he married me and the fact that we depend on Mother Nature to cooperate by sending us sunshine and warmth because our house is WAY too small to contain everyone for a party.
This year, Jeff requested a "traditional" Easter feast rather than my personal preference for a brunch theme. Here's Cole helping with the olives. He ate all but six olives from the entire can!
The main course... ham,
funeral potatoes (Emily gave me a run for my money with her hand-shredded potatoes ala funeral),
oven roasted asparagus (so easy and so delicious),
macaroni salad, rolls,
and a green salad. I know the salad picture is blurry but doesn't it look beautiful?!
And apparently the "traditional" dinner menu must include deviled eggs. Since I have yet to return my childhood Easter tradition of dying hundreds of eggs until someone successfully dyes one black, I didn't have any eggs on hand to make deviled eggs myself. Plus, I'm not such a "they just slip right down" kind of fan myself so I opted to let my fabulous in-laws bring them (and the rolls and the macaroni salad... hey they are good cooks... don't judge me!)
These beauties got sliced, diced, and "masturbated" as Jeff calls it (sick, sick humor around our house folks... I thought my Dad was going to kill over from laughing or choke on whatever he was eating when I told everyone Jeff asked me if I let the strawberries "masturbate" with each other) into a delicious Sour Cream Pound Cake with Strawberry Lime Sauce and Cream. Yum.
The kid table... they were excited to eat at some point.
The semi-kid-semi-adult-some-still-immature table. He he.
The adult table.
I don't know why I'm always worried about not having enough food for everyone... I'm still eating that green salad a week later!
No comments:
Post a Comment