Jeff and my Dad traversed all over the mountains, looking for new trails for us to take the day before our ride. I'm glad they had so much fun because Jeff took me on a new trail which was beautiful. The trail went right up to the "pee" cliff and a "psychedelic" tree. Followed by the most fun mud puddles I've ever raced through.
Let me explain.
First, the pee cliff. Last year Jeff and my youngest brother, Kurtis, took a seven hour ride (not intentional) all over the mountains, coasting on fumes all the way back to the property. Like all over. After seven hours, they inevitably had to pee. And as boys are better equipped for a spontaneous pee, they happened to tinkle off a cliff. Yep, a cliff. I don't get it. On our ride today, Jeff peed off that same cliff for good humor. I was jealous because I'd been holding it forever and knew I had to continue to hold it over bumps, rocks, and several steep climbs until we got back to the trailer. Yeah, I barely made it.
Disclaimer... Jeff isn't really peeing here. I did spare him some privacy without the camera pointed in his direction while he peed off the cliff. This photo was staged. He also pointed out several places for me to squat over a cliff if I couldn't hold it any longer. Nice, huh?
The pee cliff in all it's glory.
Second, that psychedelic tree. Near the pee cliff, there was this huge, dead tree right in the middle of a small clearing. It was pretty interesting to look at. I'm guessing it got zapped by lightning. Anyway, my Dad took a picture of it on his phone and when he showed it to me, the colors were all messed up. It was actually purple in the picture and the really weird thing about it, was none of the other pictures on his phone were messed up. Weird.
Third, the mud puddles. The most awesome fun I think I've had on a 4 wheeler. Seriously. The picture doesn't do them justice. Plus, this was the last of the mud puddles and is mostly just mud, no puddles.
We hit the first one, the biggest one, and I'll admit I stopped and hesitated a bit. I'm not as daring as Jeff and get nervous at the thought of having to go up on two wheels to get over something and tipping over. After watching Jeff drive through it and knowing I'd have to give it a bit of gas to get out of it (it was kind of deep and you had to climb up a bit out of it), I had two thoughts go through my head.... "I can't do this. I'm going to get stuck or tip over...." and then.... "Just gun it as fast as you can. It might be fun." I'm glad I went with my second thought. I came cruising through the first puddle, crazy-drivered my way through the second, and then flipped mud everywhere coming through the third. Jeff looked at me in shock as I spun back around to do it all over again, laughing the entire time. Later he told me he was just hoping I'd follow him close enough that he could spray me but then when I zoomed back for more, that it was HOT! Apparently the way to turn my husband on is to have 500 horsepower between my legs and mud all over me :)
Jeff's turn now.
But we weren't the only ones who had a blast on the ATVs. Pearl and Cole love them! We catch Fern climbing his way onto them almost daily (yes, at home while they are parked in the garage too). He's too little to go on many rides and is so jealous when his sister gets to go. Jeff took Pearl on a rid every night. And they always came back laughing and bragging about all the wildlife they'd seen. I need to go with them the next time because in the span of just a few days, they'd seen wild turkeys (I did see some baby turkeys), cranes, deer, and a moose. Yes, a moose! We were all a bit jealous, especially Kurtis who had gone with them two of the three rides and didn't get to see the moose. My Dad had a blast on his ride with Jeff and Jesse, Emily, and Ruby had fun on their ride. My mom and sister were the only ones who didn't go... my Mom was bummed. She likes them as much as anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment