
Pearl loves sports. The problem is, she isn't very coordinated. Now I'm not saying cheerleaders aren't coordinated... but I often think that Pearl will have to be cheering from the sidelines unless some drastic improvements in "kick the ball, run in a straight line, throw the ball where it should go" department happen. She'd be a great cheerleader too. Seriously, she runs around the house doing USU cheers all the time. She knows all the words to the "Scotsman" and her favorite thing to do is taunt us with the "Winning Team Losing Team" chant. Only she personalizes it to "Winner Team Loser Team." At first it was hilarious but now it's annoying, and sometimes down right mean. We've tried making a rule that you can't do "winning team losing team" unless you are at a basketball game. It's not working. She's even broke out the "winner team loser team" bit playing puzzles with my Dad.I tell ya, if I can keep up with Pearl for the next 15 years it will be a miracle. She's got more spunk, sass, and personality than just about anyone I know. Beneath all this, she has a really tender, sweet heart too. It almost always come out when she's with her little brother. She just loves Cole. And I'm fairly certain, Cole is smitten with his big sister too. One night after dinner, she was playing peek-a-boo with him. He was giggling and giggling and had the biggest grin on his face every time she poked her head around the corner. Then she came over to her "snuggly bear" as she calls him, grabbed his hand and shook it while saying this little thing she says to him all the time... "nice to meet you, nice to meet you." I don't get it but they sure seem to understand each other. I'm sure at some point this sibling love will turn into sibling rivalry... probably when when Cole is big enough to tackle Pearl to the ground since that seems to be his favorite game to play with her. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy my two little munchkins.


6 comments:
That's too cute :) Winner team looser team over a good game of candy land or chutes and ladders... I like it. My inner Aggie is quite pleased with your child :)
Way cute Jenny, I think Pearl gets her sass from you, I see so much of you in her, she's going to grow up to be amazing like her mommy.
Little Lexi will be joining Pearl super soon. I even already bought a BYU cheerleading outfit for next season, I think it can double as her Halloween costume!
And, at least we agree on the school colors! ;)
What cuties! Gunner, my 3 year old, is REALLY into who is winning and who is the loser. Stinker! Maybe we should remind our children when we kick their tales at games...hmmmm...who's smiling now! :)
So cute! The nice thing is Pearl is a year older than Olivia so I have some idea of what to expect. Olivia is also a very sweet girl but boy oh boy she is super opinionated, determined, free spirited and spunky all wrapped into one. I know she will be handful.
I miss those two. Really bad.
Post a Comment