I need to be Chinese. Really, read this article.
It might blow your mind of all parenting skills you'd ever hope to have, desire, and strive for. It just might explain why some cultures treat their elderly as the treasures they should while us Westerners give the old geezers the boot to just rot away, alone, and forgotten.
This article really made me question one, if I even know what my parenting style is or should be and two, if I need to throw it out the window and give the Chinese mothering style a try. That, or maybe we just need to get a piano.
3 comments:
Whew! I don't know what to think. I can definitely see the point, but I also think it seems cruel...but not?? Ahhh! Definitely made me think!
I read the article when I saw you post on FB. It was very interesting. While I can't say my parents were that strict they did use a lot of that philosophy. It was never acceptable to be just average or try my best. Anyway I turned out okay. As a mom it would take a lot of time especially if I had more than 2 kids.
Wow! Nobody's perfect. I couldn't imagine parenting like this.
Post a Comment