Monday, March 17, 2008

Let the madness begin!

March Madness that is! Yep, it's that time once again when Jeff rotates from the couch to the love seat doing nothing but watching college basketball games and checking his bracket to see how he's done in projecting the NCAA tournament winner. I must admit I enjoy a good rivalry in filling out my own bracket and seeing how much joy these few weeks a year bring to him. We spent tonight filling out our brackets (even Pearl has a bracket that Jeff helped fill out) and debating over this year's prize for whoever picks the most winning teams...a new pair of shoes. If you know Jeff well, you know that he LOVES shoes so this is a fitting prize for the winner. Too bad I'm going to beat him! I picked George Town, Pearl picked UCLA and Jeff picked UNC, but he says he's been debating this decision. We'll keep you updated on who's bracket is doing better as the weeks progress.


Since we're blogging about basketball, I couldn't help but post some pictures of Pearl. We took these at her first USU Basketball game in November. I can't believe how much she has grown since these pictures were taken. Jeff was so proud! I think this was one of his most happy days being a dad, taking his daughter to her first Aggie game. He even bought the whole family mathcing tee-shirts.

Pearl loved every minute of it - watching all the people, babbling along with the band and cheering fans, and looking at the lights. Too bad by half time she was sound asleep. I didn't get to watch much of the game because Pearl and I had to go wander around, find somewhere for her to eat, and then rock her to sleep. Oh well, it made Jeff's whole day, maybe basketball season.

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Wow! How adorable! I LOVE baby clothes that are adult clothes, but just teeny tiny. :)