Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sweet & Kind

When Jeff and I were dating, he through out his shoulder for the last time and had reconstructive surgery. He came over one night{it might have even been on his birthday} and I took full advantage of his weakness. All I had to do was push on his bad arm a little and I could pin him to the ground. I thought it was pretty funny that for once I could tease him, but he looked up at me with this sad little face and said something like "just be sweet and kind to me." I'm sure he got a kiss after but for the first few years of our marriage I could still stop him from pestering me by poking, pinning, or pushing on his arm. Now? Yeah. We're back to me begging for mercy.

Anyway, most people who know Jeff know he likes to portray this tough guy, non emotional, hard "A" personality. But deep down, way, way, way deep down is a very "sweet and kind" guy. How do I know? Well, I caught him picking some lilacs this afternoon for me. Lilacs are my most favorite flower because they remind me of my grandmas. And oh... they smell divine!


So don't let him fool you, he's can actually be pretty "sweet and kind."

No comments: