I am bound and determined to keep up the Easter egg hunt from my childhood for my own children. Luckily for me, my parents bought a bigger house a couple years ago which accommodates my party planning. And while the ridiculousness of Easter egg hunt spoils may never compare to my Grandma Jewkes', I think everyone has fun. {Although I did buy all of the pipsqueaks these super cute, super soft Easter stuffed animals.}
Even Kurtis. Who yes, still has to find his own set of camo eggs. He was less than amused with some of the hiding spots for his eight eggs.
Ready, set, go!!!
Anberlin loved throwing the "balls" everywhere. Even with the lure of chocolate from her Aunt Jenny, she still snubbed me.
We invited Jeff's parents and brother to come over for dinner and the egg hunt. We do try and have the Easter celebration at our house, but if the weather isn't pristine, it's a little squished with everyone in our 1,100 square foot "mansion." My Grandpa and Grandma Allen also came over. I think they had fun watching the great-grandkids running around collecting eggs.
The loot. I can't remember how many eggs we hid, but it was a lot. Especially when all of them were in the basement somewhere! And my Dad couldn't help but up the ante and hide some money in with the candy. He has a lot of his Mom in him.
Leave it to me to spoil the kids' dinner with Oreos and a big piece of carrot cake! And they aren't even my own kids!
After dinner and egg hunting, we dyed eggs. You'll notice the Mtn. Dew. Yeah. Dying eggs with little kids is a bit stressful for me. A few swigs though and I was happy to let them spill dye all over everything... sort of... not really.
Jeff tries every year to make a black egg. It's a tradition. Growing up my Grandpa Jewkes always tried to make a black egg and it sort of stuck after all these years. He came pretty close... even if he did cheat and try to color it with a Sharpie first.
I'm glad my mom doesn't mind a huge mess at her house. Although we did spare her from cleaning up smashed eggs.... we saved that for Old Main Hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment