I know. It's almost Cinco de Mayo and I'm posting Easter pictures.
My few fans were probably starting to give up hope that I'd ever blog again. Or that something horrible or exciting was happening. Nope. Just the craziness called life.
The kids got spoiled rotten by the Easter Bunny. It seems to be all Easter bunnies on my side of the family go a little overboard with baskets. The kids got new church clothes, books, flip flops, swimming suits, and a small toy. No treats. Jeff was highly disappointed... he said our Easter Bunny sucks.
Pearl had to give the talk in Primary on Easter Sunday. She was really excited about it. On Saturday, she took a piece of paper and pencil and went outside to work on her talk. I caught her sitting on the trampoline writing her own talk about why we celebrate Easter. We asked her where she had learned all of this stuff because sadly, it probably isn't at home. Pearl has the most amazing primary teachers and that's exactly who she said taught her about Easter Sunday. She practiced reading it {mainly because Jeff and I couldn't translate all of her spelling} and assigned me to hold a picture of Jesus at the Tomb. I cried when I heard her sweet and simple testimony of Jesus Christ. I even made Jeff record her talk, a big no-no in LDS culture, so we could have it.
I am definitely saving this piece of paper forever.
I am definitely saving this piece of paper forever.
{Translation of her written talk: We celebrate the day Jesus was resurrected. When He was resurrected two angels told Mary, "Mary Jesus is alive." Mary said, "Where is He?" The angels said in heaven. Mary said, "Will I see Him again?"}
I need to remember that under that sassy exterior is one sweet, special girl.
Hopefully the boy follows suit.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this Jennie ! To cute!
Love all the posts, you guys make me smile!
Post a Comment