Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Name that baby!

Today is the day!!! 

Baby Girl Jewkes finally made her long awaited and much anticipated debut!
7 lbs. 3 oz. and18 1/2 inches long (if I remember right)

I'm pretty sure I was almost as excited as my sister-in-law, EZ, who has had a very hard time getting this baby here after many years of heartaches. Maybe even more excited because I get the benefit of holding a newborn without the 40 weeks of puking! Sounds like the perfect scenario to me.

As an excuse to have first dibs on seeing and holding my new niece, I volunteered to watch Ruby while "da baby" as I've dubbed her entered the world. We had a sleepover at grandma's house with the three grandkids and then waited all morning for my brother to finally text us the good news that "da baby" was here. It was a long wait.

Then we had to wait for what seemed like forever at the hospital, only to find out we were on the wrong floor. Pfff... I mean who wants to see the mom when there's a new baby to oogle and google at? Just kidding, EZ.

Waiting... waiting... waiting... for her little sister.




And waiting... waiting...waiting... for the boredom to end.


Finally! We got a sneak peek at her!





By the time we got "da baby" upstairs to her momma, it was almost time for Ruby to leave so she could eat lunch before school. I had been trying really hard to convince her that she could skip out on school and we'd go somewhere fun but she wasn't having any of it. Apparently she's going for a school attendance record because nothing was keeping her away from class. Even a new baby sister. 




So being the good aunt that I am, I packed up the three kids and headed off to school BEFORE I got my chance to hold my new niece. Then I had to deal with an epic meltdown from Cole at McDonald's and sheer boredom and disappointment from Pearl that her cousin wanted to go to school instead of hanging out with us. Not to mention trying to figure out if we should eat before going back to the hospital to visit or risk hunger setting in so I could make sure I got to hold "da baby."

We opted for dinner before visiting the hospital.

Finally! My turn! I even happily volunteered to change her poopy diaper. I may have a slight twinge of baby hunger... not pregnancy hunger, baby hunger. If you barf like me, you know there's a difference between the two.



It must be something about a second child because Jesse and Emily couldn't decide on a name for this little girl just like Jeff and I couldn't with Cole. I'm hoping they pick my name suggestion, Scarlet Hazel. But until they do, she shall remain "da baby" and boy oh boy is she cute! She looks just like Ruby did when she was born, which is scary because my first thought when I saw both of my nieces was holy-moly they look just like Jesse! Minus the crazy blonde hair.

If anyone has any name suggestions, I'm sure Jesse and EZ would be happy to hear them!


Update. 
Baby girl Jewkes will now be called Anberlin Hazel Jewkes.

1 comment:

kathy said...

Hi. Jason Jones' mom here. Would you be so kind as to relay my congratulations and love to Jesse and family? And tell him that he now needs to produce one more one more gorgeous girl at some point so that Jason's 3 boys will have appropriate wives? Thanks!