Saturday, June 9, 2012

Water fight

Grandpa and Grandma Spring saved the day with a new pool for the kids' birthdays!

(I'm still trying to figure out how Pearl, Cole, and Ruby could have been bored given the ballerina party earlier in the day and the toys strewn about the house while waiting for the family BBQ later that night. I guess it was pretty dang hot though, and none of the adults really wanted to do much entertaining.)

The second all three saw the present was a pool, they squealed with delight and starting stripping their clothes off. Luckily, Ruby-juby and Pearl are the same size so they can share swimming suits. Even Fern was more than excited to have a "poo" to play in. It brought back memories of my own childhood with the exact same kind of pool. And it still takes just as long - and the water is just as cold - to fill up.

I'm not sure how things went from a leisurely dinner to a full-on water fight but it did. Bringing back even more memories of a summer of notorious water fights on my Dad's side of the family. I swear, every time we had a BBQ someone started a water fight with something as simple as "spilling" their water on someone. Pretty soon everyone, grandkids, adults, and grandparents, were soaking wet. I remember my cousin climbing on the roof with a huge bucket of water and waiting for my grandpa to walk outside... after changing into dry clothes for the third time!

Awesome.




Roy is the biggest kid of the bunch. I knew he couldn't make it the whole fight without finding a way to "trick" everyone and get them all wet. Little did he realize, he's not as fast as the rest of them! 



Notice how Cole manages to stay nearly dry the entire time. He just wandered around, right smack dab in the middle of the action doing his own thing.


My brother, Kurtis, is the biggest stud. He is such a fun, sweet, nice, good boy. Seriously. He is awesome. He always plays with my kids and never pushes things too far with stuff like a water fight that can quickly escalate into people getting angry or not playing nice. He was soaked clear through his skivvies!




 

My grandpa told him he couldn't go home in his truck soaking wet like that so I had to find a pair of Jeff's basketball shorts (aka, his jammies) for Kurt to wear while I tried to dry his clothes. Oh, Jesse too. The wuss doesn't like his feet touching the ground so he sort of lingered near the water fight for 45 minutes before finally giving in to temptation and joining the fun. He had to get his clothes dried too. Jeff was mortified that I'd let my brothers go commando in his jammies!!! I had to promise all three of them that I'd wash them IMMEDIATELY! Men.


I kind of wish I wasn't such a fuddy-duddy and had let my brothers soak me too. I mean, it was really hot outside. But all I could think about was trying to get two little wet people to bed and one big wet mom to bed after everyone left. 

Maybe next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, being gone for the summer really sucks, sometimes. Boo.