Sunday, April 22, 2012

T-ball: The Assistant Coach

When Jeff brought home the uniforms for Pearl's T-ball team, Cole knew this was something he didn't want to be left out of. Luckily, Jeff had an extra hat which Cole promptly claimed. The first three days, he wore it nonstop, jabbering over and over again, "Hat. Dad." while pointing at his new favorite thing. He even slept with it.I was really worried that Cole was going to struggle sitting on the sidelines during the first game.


I was right.

Jeff, anticipating the same thing I was, dubbed Fern his Assistant Coach. I don't think it made Cole feel any better being left on the sideline though.
The kid tried sneaking in the game on more than one occasion. He stole the bats from the kids because he realized his bat wasn't the real thing. He picked up spare balls, gloves, and batting helmets as soon as Jeff was distracted or I wasn't paying attention to him. I finally got him to stop crying that he couldn't play when I took him to the snack shack for a bag of popcorn. 
Put me in Coach!


I don't know why Cole was yelling at me, but I thought it made for a cute picture. He was probably mad that I was telling him to give the bat back to the real hitter. 
 This might be a long season on the sideline for at least two of us.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love it, he thinks he's so big! We signed up Ben for T-ball too but he doesn't start until June. I'll have to make sure to get Alex a hat:)