After our short stint with dancing last year, I had to admit I was dreading the thought of another four months of whining about participating in something Pearl insisted she wanted to do.
Thank heavens I've been wrong... so far at least.
Pearl had so much fun at her first T-ball game! She was pumped to get her hat and shirt and picked #3. But she was even more excited to have Dad as her Coach. She's been prepping her best listening skills for T-ball and told me several times that she had to listen to her Coach or she couldn't play.
Warming up for the big game. With a smile on her face too!
Kinda bored waiting for her turn to bat.
She was the only kid who knew which base to run to without getting told!
After her first game, she keeps asking when it will be her turn to hit the home run. In T-ball every kid gets to bat and run one base. Except the last batter. They get to hit a grand slam and run all the bases.
But as much as Pearl liked batting, she LOVED playing catcher. Which shocked Jeff and I both. She was super aggressive and ran after every ball that was hit, even if it was clear out by second base! I was so proud of her! I was afraid my kid would be the first to whine or cry or chase the butterflies but Pearl was totally into the game. She did amazing! I just might avoid a second dance recital after all!
Oh, the funniest thing Pearl did though was running over for a handful of Cole's popcorn while she was playing catcher. She'd wait until the other team was changing batters and run over as fast as she could, grab a handful of popcorn, shove it in her mouth, and run back to catcher. Jeff didn't have a clue about it until I told him after the game. Typical Pearl move! That kid is addicted to popcorn!
Since I'm a terribly organized "team mom," Jeff gave me some money to buy each kid a ticket worth $0.75 cents at the snack shack. The kids were THRILLED! This is going to be a fun season.
1 comment:
Tball is the best! Too cute :)
Post a Comment