Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green party

My friend Libbey is awesome! Seriously, I don't know how she does it. She is fun, kind, thoughtful, and easy-going. So easy-going, that she let five adults and eight kids run a muck in her house yesterday for a St. Patrick's Day party. Libbey's husband is from Peru and I loved how she did this subway art in Spanish. I have no idea what it says but I'm guessing there's a March 17, St. Patrick's Day, Wear Green, and Luck in there somewhere.We had an all green menu. Pesto pasta with feta cheese, delicious beef and a tomato/onion garnish, green chips, green salsa, green guacamole, green grapes, green gummy bears (courtesy of Jeff who skipped out on the party to go to the USU CIT game... but it was on my insistence), and cookies with green frosting. The food was DELICIOUS!!! I'm running out to get the Costco brand Pesto tomorrow! Yum!Then the kids searched all over the house for clues which lead them to a pot of gold and silver coins. They were pumped! Cole must have remember the "clues" from our own St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt earlier in the day because he was so excited chasing the big kids with their clues. Pearl would later tell me she had two favorite parts of the party... the gold coins and the trampoline.I know it's kind of weird to post pictures of someone else's kids you don't know, but this picture cracks me up! And her big sister's hat was very festive and authentic from Ireland.Sugar cookies are always messy! And Libbey's baby girl was loving it!It was probably a good thing I was inside for 3/4 of the trampoline fun. Not that I don't trust the men with the kids, but I was kind of surprised to see Cole flopping around on the trampoline at the mercy of all the big kids. He had fun!All of the kids.Love Pearl's feathers! She made sure she wasn't getting pinched today!
I know it's silly to make a big deal out of a holiday that isn't really a holiday, but it was so much fun! And any excuse to wear green, pinch my husband, scavenger hunt for goodies, eat delicious food, and be with friends is worth it.

1 comment:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I just found out St. Patrick ran the snakes out of Ireland, and it became my favorite holiday!! I am deathly afraid of any snake, so he is my new hero ;)