This year, we had an extra surprise before the parade started. Ms. Sara came! Pearl was in shock when she saw her. She loves Ms. Megan but Ms. Sara will always have a special place in her heart. She ran over to her and didn't leave her side. Ms. Sara even walked in the parade with us.
...thoughts on raising two pip-squeaks, an 80+ lb. puppy, and an Aggie-crazed husband...
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Halloween parade and trick-or-treating
Every year the kids' daycare has a Halloween parade. All 60+ kids get to dress up and walk the halls of my office building, getting gobs of sweets and a few toothbrushes and non-food treats... you know us public health people.
This year, we had an extra surprise before the parade started. Ms. Sara came! Pearl was in shock when she saw her. She loves Ms. Megan but Ms. Sara will always have a special place in her heart. She ran over to her and didn't leave her side. Ms. Sara even walked in the parade with us.
The weather was perfect this Halloween so we moved the parade outside. It was so much better not having 60+ kids, parents with cameras, and 100's of employees crammed in the halls. I was quite impressed by the loot my kids got too. I was almost thinking we didn't need to go trick-or-treating later because they got so much candy. Cole wasn't too happy about being strapped into his stroller and wanted nothing to do with his Elmo bucket. Until.... that first piece of candy was dropped in it. He had a death grip on it the entire ride home, guarding his candy from me and his sister. I gave him a sucker during the parade and afterwards realized what color it was... blue.
After dinner, Jeff took the kids trick-or-treating. Did I mention the weather was perfect? Oh, if only all Halloweens were this perfect... no snow, no wind, warm temperatures.
With the parade under his belt, Cole knew exactly what to do this time with his bucket. The second Pearl and Cole got home, they dumped their plunders all over the floor and begged us to let them eat a piece candy, or two, or three. Cole was jabbering non-stop as he picked up candy after candy and held it out to me to open. He didn't know where to even start. I think he kept hoping he could just take a bite or lick of everything in his candy bucket.
I should have let them eat more of the candy tonight because I just know I'll be eating all these fat-ladened sweets for days to come.
This year, we had an extra surprise before the parade started. Ms. Sara came! Pearl was in shock when she saw her. She loves Ms. Megan but Ms. Sara will always have a special place in her heart. She ran over to her and didn't leave her side. Ms. Sara even walked in the parade with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment