Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween birthday baby

My niece, Ruby, is a Halloween baby. After five years of fighting the requirement to dress up for her birthday party, we finally gave in. We still looked the most hodge-podged out of the group, but hey we were in costume. Pearl and I went as butterflies. Cole was a "handsome little devil" and Jeff, well I'm not sure what he came as. I wanted him to be a butterfly catcher but he ended up wearing Cole's sparkly red bow-tie. At one point he told my mom and sister his pants were Velcro-ed on and that he was going to get up and dance. He is hilarious!My Dad came decked out in the infamous EEK! hat. At one point in it's long history, it had an inflatable bat that stuck on the top. Kurtis was a cowboy, complete with "the shirt named Desire" and some guns. Kimmy was a firefighter... a hot one at that. And my Mom was a fortune teller. She tried to read my Dad's fortune by telling him he was feeling lucky but he said she was a fake at that point.Emily's side of the family gets much more decked out than we do.And then we had Gumby. He stole the show. I so wish Emily would have come as Pokey! Now that would have been hilarious. We had a little too much fun with Gumby. Jesse said he was going to ride his bike to work the next day in full Gumby glory. We warned him that someone might run him over just to see if he squashed on the ground and then magically molded back together again. So funny!We had a bat pinata stuffed to the brim with goodies. Cole was more than happy to take his turn and ran around with the stick hitting Gumby afterwards.Emily made a really fun birthday cake... an Oreo graveyard with tombstones.Ruby got a tons of presents. I had asked her what she wanted a few weeks before and she told me a puppy you can take on walks. I was thinking she wanted an actual puppy, but Emily's mom knew exactly what she meant and boy was Ruby excited!Happy birthday Ruby-juby!

No comments: