Minion bowling
I mentioned my impromptu idea for minion bowling in this post. Well, it really wasn't my idea. Technically. After Jeff brought home the Twinkie minion idea, I did some blog hopping myself. I felt this sudden pressure to really pull off a Despicable Me party complete with games, decorations, party favors, the works. I felt instantly inadequate as a mom because apparently that's what good moms do. At least that's the impression all those super mommy type blogs give. If I read their posts right, good moms are supposed to spend a fortune and use up all remaining brain cells to plan the perfect party where everything coordinates, matches, and fits a theme. I scribbled a bunch of ideas down then took a one look at my list and said this is ridiculous! Cole is only one-years-old! He doesn't care. Jeff definitely doesn't care. And I don't have time, energy, desire, or talent to care. No one cares! The whole point is to be together. And as for those super mommy blogs, I have to restrain myself from reading them. I only feel like more of a flop. When my kids are old enough to know what kind of party they really want, then I'll care.
But back to the minion bowling. One of the party game ideas was to set up minion bowling. Those super mommy party-planners made their own minion bowling pins out of 2 liter soda bottles which they spray painted yellow and blue then used their fancy die cut machines to make their faces and clothes. Us lazy, realistic moms dig out the old plastic bowling pins and call it good.
So when things got a bit heated when Pearl and Ruby were tired of sharing, I excitedly told them we were going to bowl for minions. They were thrilled! As was Cole.
He had different ideas though for minion bowling than his sister or cousin. They mainly consisted of knocking down the pins as fast as you could set them up all while infuriating your sister. Pearl's screaming only made him want to play even more. 

Sharing, being nice, and rules apparently don't apply to the birthday boy.
2 comments:
No, no they don't. They don't seem to apply to almost four-year old boys who are still the baby of the family, either. :(
I'm in love with the minion twinkies!
Post a Comment