Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday cake #1

My sweet coworkers threw Cole a mini-party during staff meeting on his actual birthday last week. They even brought a cake for him to dig into. Too bad he wasn't in much of a cake destroying mood with a cold and teeth coming in. Or maybe it was because I made him wear this dorky, babyish onesie with a cupcake on it and "Baby's First Birthday" across the front. That's probably more of the reason... he's a big boy and Mom embarrassed him with her choice in clothing.

Any who, for family history purposes I thought I'd post some pictures of Cole and his first birthday cake. Since he wasn't in the mood to get frosting on his fingers, we gave him a spoon to entice him.
See that cute girl poking her head out from behind Cole? She's the amazingly talented Katie. She's also the one who brought the cake. Really, I should print this picture out and have Katie autograph it before she becomes a famous singer/songwriter. Oh, what's this on my fingers? Kind of squishy.Me and the birthday boy.Deep down I have to admit I was glad he didn't get covered in frosting. His spare clothes we had were way more embarrassing than his birthday shirt. And knowing my luck, they would have been too small anyway. I have my doubts though that this same aversion to cakes will hold when birthday cake #2 is put in front of him.

Happy birthday Fern!

1 comment:

Kami said...

We always had to shove the boys' hands in the smash cake to get them in the groove. After that they could always take it from there!