Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cast your vote

Boy or girl? That is the question to (hopefully) be answered next week, just in time for Christmas. If you ask my co-workers, they all say it's a boy. Ask my brother-in-law and it's a boy. Ask Jeff and he says it better be a girl. Me? I have no clue! A few weeks ago I had a dream that we had a boy but didn't want to take it home from the hospital with us. Then we had a girl but she had dark, brown skin and if you've seen the gene pool this kid's been dealt with, you know all too well it's got no chance of any olive complexion!

I just hope everything is ok on the ultrasound and really, does it matter if it's a boy or girl? Ok, well besides the thought of having to start all over in the clothes department and somehow convince Jeff to repaint the bedroom blue if it's a boy, as long as it's healthy I'm happy. I just hope this time around Jeff doesn't pout for a weekend (until he makes a new shoe purchase to cheer himself up) if our little girl is really a boy, like he did when he found out Pearl didn't have a penis!

SO... cast your vote - boy or girl?

10 comments:

Rhetta said...

I'm pretty fond of the little boy as a second child....boys really love their moms. It's quite amazing to experience. But either way, I am with you - a healthy baby is all that matters!

Kami said...

I'm going with girl. I think guys tend to spawn the same gender kid! :)

Alabama Apples said...

Hmmmm...good question! Boys are tons of fun, but then, I'm sure so are girls. :) I'll say boy, but anything will be so exciting. A sister for Pearl would be fabulous, but having a rough and tumble little guy is crazy fun. Good luck and I can't wait to know!!

Shelly Traveller said...

I'm going with girl! Only because maybe girls make you really sick, then again I was sick with my boys and girl!
Can't wait to see!

Parker Family said...

I say Girl. Can't wait to hear.

Stephanie and Jason said...

I'm going to guess a boy. I can just picture pearl holding a little brother ;) I can't wait to hear!

Jeff Johnson said...

It will hopefully be a girl.

As for the room it will stay the same color that it is. If you wanted it blue we should have left it blue.

Laree said...

Personally, I like having one of each right now. My hubby is going crazy not knowing what #3 is going to be - but we only have 5 more weeks until the c-section!

Mindy Williams said...

I think girl mostly, but for some reason I feel the need to cast my vote as boy. I am going against my senses cause they are usually wrong. Mark me down for a boy. Can't wait to find out.

Shanna said...

I hope you have a girl, because i have one and its is so so much fun!