Countdown
I'm only 12 days late but at least we now have an official Advent calendar for Christmas. I really don't know how people come up with these ideas because anything remotely crafty in my home is some idea I've stolen (thanks Laree). This was supposed to be a quick two hour project but ended up taking my sister and I two nights, about 8 hours, and lots of re-dos (and I'm still debating on starting over on a few of my squares). I still think my mom should just part with her cute Advent calendars! Who would have thought a muffin tin, magnets, and some paper could be so complicated? Of course getting sick in the middle of the craftiness didn't help either and then came finals for Kimmy but we finally finished! Jeff is just happy to have some candy now (as is my chocolate addicted daughter) and has already decided he is modifying the original design and adding a bag of some sorts to put the numbers in that he pulls off every night. Well once we get some holes in them to hang up.
I still think Kimmy's is cuter than mine (first one below) but hey, I know for sure ours has better candy in it!
6 comments:
Those are way cute!
So cute!! Lindsey told me about those...I think she saw them on good things utah. Anyway they turned out way cute!
I LOVE your advent calendars!!! I wanted to make one this year, but...it is just another thing that didn't happen. Sigh. You are such a trooper, being preggo is bad enough for me and I don't do the sick thing too much. It probably would've made me rethink my children ;). I hope you start feeling better. Blehhh!
The Elf on the Shelf was bought at Barnes and Noble, but i've seen it other places. If you are interested in learning a little more about it, you can look on their website (elfontheshelf.com)
We're quite boring on the traditions front...we're always trying to add more and figure out what works best for us.
Didn't realize you were back amongst the living. Good to see your updates!
I pretty much redid mine when I was making the other one.
Ok, those just make me happy! I'm glad you were able to get them to work.
Drilling the holes was a pain - if you have access to a drill press do it!
Post a Comment