Friday, February 13, 2009

Ambitions

I have a friend who always said ambitions never got you anything but trouble, only much more colorful than how I wrote it (I'm trying to keep it to a PG rating after my last post's title). Sadly, it's true for me. I have great ambitions like cleaning my house from top to bottom in a single day (although I did scrape off about an inch of dust and gunk from the top of my kitchen cabinets this afternoon), painting Pearl's table and chair set, painting the dining room, finishing Pearl's Christmas stocking (only 2 Christmas' behind), and putting together some really cute Valentines for Pearl's friends and teachers at daycare. The last one was a miserable failure. Not only did I forget to have Pearl wear her cute Valentines dress and tights for her party yesterday, but I didn't even get around to buying the cheap store bought cards! Urghhh...what kind of a mom am I? Growing up, my mom would get my brother and I these tiny red heart balloons (you know the kind that come on those skinny, white plastic sticks) to take to school for Valentine's Day. It was always an adventure trying to get two huge overflowing garbage bag full of balloons on the bus but everyone thought they were cool because they were different than the typical candy you got. Oh well, at least Pearl isn't old enough to be too traumatized by her forgetful mother. And because a post just isn't a post without some pictures, here is the forgotten dress and the Valentine card holder Pearl made at daycare. At least her teachers remembered to celebrate Valentines Day.

5 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

I told you - WE DON'T CELEBRATE VALENTINE DAY. We celebrate Presidents day.

Jeff Johnson said...

Here is my real comment - how come you can find the means to fulfill the blogging ambition???

Kami said...

Don't beat yourself up. It doesn't matter if Pearl wore her dress or gave out Valentines. She will never remember that, but she will remember all the extra love you gave her. You are doing awesome!

Unknown said...

I think the saying was 'Good intentions pave the road to hell.' It's one of my favorites. My road is well paved :) Happy President's Day!

Taneill said...

you are a good mom. I didn't even get around to making cookies with my girls. And the only excuse I have is that I didn't want to make the mess.

Taneill