Monday, April 21, 2008

Nothing new

Okay so I'm totally addicted to blogging and just wanted to post something, anything. I'm bored and cold and well, like I said addicted to this thing. So what's new you ask? Well, nothing! I have this great blog entry coming up of a friend's wedding (she's from Pakistan so it was very interesting to see a Muslim wedding) as soon as I get pictures from my friends so alas these random ramblings will have to do until I get them.


First, let's make the grandmas happy by posting a picture or two of Pearl. We went to a wedding luncheon on Saturday for one of "the girls" Jeff works with. Jeff bought a salad bowl and with the help of co-workers, filled it with "greens" ($$$$). He left it on the couch and Pearl found it. I walked into the living room to find Pearl playing with a wad of ones. It was pretty funny how much she liked all the cash, and if you can read her onesie, pretty ironic that it says "I love daddy" as she's throwing dollar bills around like they grow on trees. Speaking of trees, our flowering plum in the front yard is nearly ready to burst with beautiful pink buds!



I guess all that money counting is exhausting! I wouldn't know because I never have any!

What else is new? Well I had a job interview today with the Violence and Injury Prevention Program. It was for a part-time media coordinator. It would actually pay more than what I work right now, working more hours. I just don't know what to do. For any of you out there who work on grants, you know how funding goes. If you have a grant, you have a job, no grant no job. Pretty simple right? Wrong! I love my job with the Genomics Program but our funding has been so unstable the past few months and it's been stressing me out a lot more than I thought it would. I actually turned down a really nice job a few months ago because for some reason I just didn't feel like it was time to move on. But it's nearly killed me since! Our funding runs out as of June 30 but we've managed to squeeze enough money out of our budget to carry us to September. That's when our new grant would start, if we are awarded. It wouldn't be such a dilemma except our funders (do I dare say who on the World Wide Web?) have decided to completely change direction with our program. It's really thrown me for a loop and I'm not sure if it's a direction I'm excited to take. But then again, there's a few things that if I leave I'm afraid will never happen and that would be so hard on me personally and professionally. Alright I'll stop rambling about our funding now - Mindy Williams I'm really hoping you read this and send me an email since you understand how I feel and I could use your advice on what to do!
Hmmm...I guess that will have to do for now!

10 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

What a boring entry. You should have taken a picture of the tree.

I do like the new additions to the side though. I guess Pearl will have to type what she loves about mama.

Shelly Traveller said...

Jenny, I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to blogging. It is the only way I get to communicate with the outside world.
Good luck with the job, that is a tough decision.

The Allen Family said...

YAY! Blogging really is an addiction! Glad you're on the wagon though. :)

Alabama Apples said...

Hello!!! Your little one is sooo cute! I wish I lived closer so I could scoop her up for a hug! It is this inate desire (like rubbing Sandy's preggo belly). You seem like an amazing mom...naturally you would be! How did you pick Pearl's name?

The Allen Family said...

Jenny, I feel the same way...I have a good job but the people I work for are retards. I think you and are just scared to make a jump without absolute knowledge of what we are jumping into.

P.s. That is so funny that Pearl is already stealing your money away

Bryan

Unknown said...

I love that you're addicted to blogging ...because I'm addicted to reading other peoples blogs! It makes me feel like I'm a little closer to home :) Pearl is just too cute! Keep up the frequent posting!

The Trippy Stevensons said...

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for dropping me a line. It is so funny how many different ways people are connected. I to am a Heatlh Educator. Not so crazy as to get a masters.... Good luck with the funding thing. Health Education is a tough field! Pearl is beautiful!
Melissa

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Hey Jenny,

I am not quite addicted to blogging, I just got talked into it. I think it may be boring for people to look at ours since we don't have any cute kdis yet. Oh well. Good luck with all of your job stuff!! I myself and trying to figure out what I want to do---get a regular job or go back to school. I have been coaching gymnastics for 12 year now and because of surgeries this year am not able to continue so I feel your pain of trying to figure out what to do. GOOD LUCK!! and if you don't mind I will keep checking in on your blog to see how everything is going, because like Toni I am addicted to reading peoples blogs, I think for the same reason!!! :)

whitney said...

Of course I remember you! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I still feel like I'm twelve tool:). Pearl's just a doll; I love her name. My Georgia's eleven months too-it's such a fun age.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Ha ha ha! He called me "Crazy Haylee" huh? That is funny. I didn't know I was crazy. I hope it is crazy in an ok way, and not, "I hope I don't run into Haylee, she is CRAZY!" ha ha ha. So this is a lot of fun getting to see where and how everyone is. I am glad to see you happy with cute little Pearl!! I love that name, so cute! Tell Jeff hello, and that I am not so crazy now. I have been slowed down a bit in the last year!