Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thank you Facebook!

I just wanted to say, thank goodness we have the Internet! Well, and I needed something to do to keep me awake while I finish the laundry. Jeff said he didn't have any pants to wear tomorrow and Pearl is supposed to get her pictures taken (again - let's just hope this time she is happier), so here I am at 10:30 pm doing laundry. Anyway, one of the girls I went to college with sent me an email a few months back encouraging me to join Facebook (a web-based social networking site). I being the uneducated, non-tech savvy person that I am had no idea what Facebook was at the time but figured I might as well humor her and join. So...I joined not knowing what luck it would bring me - many long lost friends that I've been wondering about over the years. Just the other day I had "poke" on my Facebook account (I still don't know what a "poke" is) and thought hmmm I wonder if there's anyone on this that I would know from high school. Well I found Sandy, Brooke, Liberty, Kelly, Carrie and more! I am sooooooo excited to find them! And the best part? They have blogs too! Not only will I look less like a loser by adding some blogging friends, but more importantly I can start to catch up on their lives. I was shocked to see that they have lots of babies, or are pregnant or moving all over the country. I can't wait to share my life with them again. Lately I've felt really bummed about not keeping better track of my friends but I'm hoping I can start to rebuild these friendships that have meant so much to me in my life. Thank you Facebook!

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Yay! Bryan has found tons of his mission buddies on Facebook, too! It's actually quite cool!

To get a new layout, just go to pyzam.com, click on 'Blogger Templates,' and find the one you want. Then just click on it and the instructions on how to change your layout to the one you've chosen will appear. Easy!! :)

Alabama Apples said...

Ahhhhh! Jen!!! I'm sooo glad you commented on Sandy's blog!!! I have been trying to find you-via Sandy and anyone I could think of. I'm not really in touch w/anyone, but you are someone I'd love to be in touch with! Pearl is absolutely beautiful! How old is she? You sound so happy from your blog. If you want to email me, it is 3rdshoe@comcast.net. I'm so excited!!!

Sandy said...

I am so glad you joined facebook. Now we can stay in touch. I like blogging much better but it is so easy to find long lost friends on facebook. Pearl is so cute. I hope all is well with the Johnson family.

Natelli Johnston said...

Hey pretty girl! how are you? Pearl is so cute! I am so excited that you have a blog!