Thursday, May 29, 2014

After school program

Pearl had her After School Program year-end program today. It was kind of a bittersweet day. As a working mom, I know my kids have missed out on a lot because I'm not home with them. And I know nothing takes my place. But I am forever grateful that our child care has always worked out so perfectly for our little family. When Pearl went to first grade and wasn't in my office building's child care/kindergarten program anymore, I had no clue what we were going to do. Luckily, living in the poor part of town has it's perks. Namely an excellent school and an after school program that has been just fabulous!

Seriously. Pearl told us we weren't allowed to pick her up before 5 p.m. Ever.




The director, Shawnelle, is a young, energetic, always smiling, super awesome girl! The kids just adored her. She always had fun activities planned. All of the teachers were young college kids who were everything a parent could have dreamed of having in an after school program.


The program was such a blessing for us with our work schedules. Pearl had so much fun with her friends and Shawnelle. I am praying Shawnelle comes back next year.

No comments: