I find the minds of 1st graders quite hilarious. Especially as they are learning to write complete sentences and thoughts about a given topic. The last parent-teacher conference Jeff and I attended with Pearl's teacher {which she passed with flying colors}, we stood outside of the classroom and read the latest thoughts her classmates had on Martin Luther King's famous "I have a dream" speech. And we laughed.
"that all peple need food. So peple do't diy. Give food to thame." ~ Pearl {yes, our Pearl... we're still working on spelling and handwriting}
"I have a bream that we have friends and they are nice to a chather." ~ Asthon
"That all pepul will be rich." ~ Anonymous
"That all peply will have mineh cklos. their will bee lots of food." ~ Zach
"I have a dream. For the food. Everyone should have food. I am glad for food." ~ Logan
"That all people love my songs and all people love my vhoous and people can have a backsage tikids." ~ Emma
"That everyone has a home and everyone doesn't have a war. and they don't kill." ~ Bilal
"That I have a wish that evrbudee reeds. I wish that evrbudee whrk. I wish that evroun have a hom." ~ Gabriella
Apparently kids this age are pretty concerned about food, including Pearl. Which is kind of surprising given Pearl has never gone a day in her life hungry, at least because she didn't have something to eat {complaining about what I cooked is another matter though}.

No comments:
Post a Comment