As per tradition, the kids and I made sugar cookies for President's Day.
And maybe Valentine's Day. And St. Patrick's Day.
We're a little behind and a little ahead on some of the holidays. A little holiday confused if you will.
Eh. Doesn't matter. The cookies were delicious no matter what shape they were in and what sprinkles they had on them.
I have learned over the years of cookie decorating that it works better to give the kids their own cookies in their own cookie sheets to catch all the sprinkles that don't make it on the frosting.
It works like a charm.
But my favorite President's Day tradition? Getting flowers from Jeff. As a former flower delivery boy, he knows those expensive roses stores try to guilt men into buying for their wives look just as nice and cost $2 {yep, $2} a few days later.
People might give him a hard time about not being all romantic on February 14th with chocolates and flowers but I love my President's Day flowers tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment