Wednesday, October 2, 2013

USU Homecoming

We had a blast in Logan for the USU Homecoming weekend.

We got a huge sack of candy at the parade. Someday the kids will figure out that we tell them it starts an hour later than it actually does so we don't have to sit through the whole thing. But hey, we still get plenty of candy. Epic parent win!


We spent all {and I mean ALL} of Jeff's money at our favorite Aggie apparel store, Locker 42. The man loves that store and everything we hold up he says, "In the cart!" I swear if they sold diamond rings I'd walk out of there with a new one! Everyone got new Aggie gear {Pearl got pajamas, I got a shirt, Jeff bought himself a waterproof jacket, and the boy got a jersey}. It was awesome.


I took Blu on a walk around Historic Downtown Logan. I love walking around all the old neighborhoods with tree lined streets. The problem was I decided to walk back to my in-laws on Main Street. Essentially window shopping the entire way. And I found a skirt I just had to have. I told Jeff it was a "game day" skirt in Aggie blue and grey. So I went back to buy it before the football game and walked out with not only my "game day" skirt, but two pairs of jeans, a pair of work pants, and a pair of shorts {which Jeff was thrilled about because they weren't frumpy or capris!}. They were on 75% clearance people! I had no choice."In the cart!" as Jeff would say.


We got tattoos, played games, and rode around on the parking attendant golf carts at the tailgate party with the Palmer family. And the Kohler clan {my Uncle's brothers}.... who feed the USU teams and travel WITH them to all of their games. Yeah. We've got to tailgate with them more often.




I was pumped to see that Wild Bill had moved from the student section to our section! He will fit right in with my rowdy, irreverent husband.


We cheered and hollered and sympathized with poor Weber State who got their butts kicked. Hey, we're Aggies. We remember those days. Well, years. Ahhh... the glorious return of a winning team!



I kept interrupting Jeff's football nirvana with comments like, "Isn't it beautiful? Don't you think Romney Stadium has the best view? Look at the pretty sky! Those clouds are getting darker. Do you think it's going to rain on us? Do you think it will rain a lot? Jeff look! Jeff! Jeff! Are you listening to me?" Yeah. I'm still a girl people!





And then we got soaking wet. The dark clouds rolled in over the stadium at half time and the Heavens opened! Luckily, if you remember, we'd spent all of Jeff's money earlier and had new rain gear to keep us dry. I'd say my $7 poncho worked better than Jeff's $80 jacket.


Too bad Jeff didn't answer his phone when I tried texting him at 11:50 p.m. {while picking up the kids at my parent's house} to meet me at the "A" at midnight to re-become True Aggies. I heard they lite up all of Old Main in blue lights for the occasion. He said his phone was "asleep." Pfff. His loss.

No comments: