This is how we make Snickerdoodles in our house.
Mom makes the dough. With two eager helpers shoving and pushing each other out of the way so they can watch. And cough and sneeze in direction of said dough... don't judge you know it happens at your house too.
Mom refrains from tasting the delicious, buttery, sugary, sweet dough thanks to her chosen career path of public health and the ever present thought of salmonella from the raw eggs.
Mom makes two assembly stations for her eager helpers. Once progress is being made on their job in the whole process, the kids finally stop fighting and whining and pleading that they want to help.
And we begin.
Rolling, rolling, rolling. Keep those doughy balls rolling. In that delicious cinamon sugar, rolling. Rolling!
Or something like that.
Of course, Cole has his own take on the appropriate shape of Snickerdoodles. Smashed.
Pearl, however, takes the job very seriously. While also exhibiting a slight OCD with rows of perfectly shaped balls of sugary, cinnamon, sweetness. Yum.
We get a thin layer of sugar crystals over the table, floor, chairs, and our clothes. Everywhere.
Pose for a picture with approximately 60 cookies. Then bake!
Well worth the mess.
2 comments:
YUM
Oh, save some for me!!!
I have to do all the work myself when I make snicker doodles or whoppi pies or mojito cheesecake....Ok whenever I make anything I do it alone while my three tweens play on the electronic devices around the house!
Keep up the cooking sugarplums!!!
Auntie vickie
Post a Comment