Monday, November 26, 2012

Pearl waited "100" days for this!

If you ask Pearl how long a long time is, she will tell you it's "100" days long.

Which is how long she had to wait for the USU Cheer Clinic. At least if you ask her.

But after waiting "100" days for the single, most glorious day in her five years of life, something awful happened.

She got sick. And not just a cold. The nasty stomach bug that has sickened half of the state. Poor Pearl. She got sick in the middle of the night but must have slept right through it because when I woke her up, I kept thinking, why does Pearl have dried boogers all over her pajamas. And her hair is all matted together.... oh wait!

Yep. Gross.

My heart hurt for her, knowing how much she'd looked forward to this day.

But a little upset tummy was no way going to stop her from going. She got up, had a bath, got dressed, ate two bites of toast to appease me, and said she was going. I didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't at least try to go. Jeff later told me on the way to the cheer clinic, he encouraged Pearl to say a prayer that she would get feeling better so she could still dance at the basketball game that night.

The faith of a child because she didn't throw up once the whole day. She did look a little green at times but she toughed it out and learned the routine.




I decided to relieve Jeff of cheerleading duties and came up to campus with Cole. I so wish I'd have thought to bring in my nice camera to get pictures. Instead you get crappy pictures off of my phone. Cole had about as much fun as Pearl and Ruby did. So did Jeff and Uncle Jesse.... keeping a close eye on the USU cheerleaders and Aggiettes.


When I sent Jeff a text of this picture, he came right on back in to the gym!


Later that night, Pearl was able to perform her dance/cheer routine at the men's basketball game. You can't tell from her face, but she was really excited. And extremely impatient waiting for Ruby to get to the game so they could sit by each other... "Ruby is taking 100 days, Mom!"



Super irritated that they had all the kids facing the student section instead of the section of parents and grandparents who actually PAID for them to go to the cheer clinic! Lame!!! Ruby and Pearl and somewhere in the mass of white shirts.


Random pictures from the game. The kids suckered me out of popcorn and a sno cone.


Cole loved every minute of "The Scotsman" and the game. Pearl? After waiting 100 days and then getting sick, I think she was ready to call the day done.




No comments: