Monday, November 26, 2012

Aggie crazed


Here's the deal.

I live with a man obsessed with anything Aggies.

I mean, there's a reason why I call my blog "True Aggies" and mention in my tagline that I'm raising two pipsqueaks and an Aggie-crazed husband.

The man is quite possibly be the biggest Aggie fan out there.

Don't believe me?

For the past nine years, we have had season basketball tickets. For the past four years (I think) we've had season football tickets. That's an average of 20 basketball games and six football games every year. For a total of 180 basketball games and 24 football games, give or take post-season play and bowl games. Or 32,640 miles of driving back and forth to Logan and 456 hours sitting in either blue chairbacks or yellow and orange Spectrum glory. Roughly.

It's ridiculous. But it makes the man oh. so. happy.

Well, with a defeat over La Tech, the USU football team had secured a spot as WAC Champions. Everyone was really excited... as evident by the Twitter feeds Jeff kept showing me.


It just so happened on the same day we were in Logan for the USU Cheer Clinic and basketball game. Jeff would lean over and whisper, the team is flying in tonight at 1:30 a.m. Then it was 1:00 a.m. and then 12:00 midnight. With a heavy sigh that we should probably just go home after updating me on the latest flight info even though he would really like to go to the airport to welcome the team home.

I may be crazy myself, but I told Jeff he was taking me to the airport at midnight. He tried to put up a fight but I refused to go home with him unless he went out there, along with hundreds of other crazy Aggie fans, to greet the team in the cold and rain as they got off the plane.

As crazy as it sounds, it was actually a lot of fun going out to the airport. We waited and waited and waited! Big Blue came. Hundreds of fans came. And then the plane came! So fun to be at a small town airport where we could get right out on the runway with the team.







I was busy trying to get a decent shot of the flag and plane to notice Jeff was shaking all the player's hands and getting a "man brace" as he called it from Coach Andersen. It made his entire year! I mean, look at the smile on his face and the twinkle in his eyes when I made him go up to Coach A again for a quick photo.


I wish he looked at me that way....

The "A" all lite up in True Blue glory!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, aggie love... love it!