Monday, June 25, 2012

You are the goodest Mom ever

It might be a once-in-a-lifetime happening.

A miracle of sorts.

Even Jeff told me to document it because it would probably never happen again.

Pearl told me, "You are the goodest Mom ever," at dinner tonight.

Wow. Serious wow here people.

Pearl and I have a tumultuous relationship, with me taking the brunt of her sassiness. At times I think that kid hates me already. I struggle with knowing how to get her to treat me with respect and heck, even fake that she likes me.

Her reason for declaring me the "goodest Mom ever"? Not this (if you can't tell from the picture, I let me children destroy the living room so I can do the laundry in peace).


But this. A plate of spaghetti and some warm breadsticks to go with it.




(This is not a picture of my spaghetti. I was in such shock and near tears after Pearl's compliment that I didn't dare ruin the moment by grabbing my camera or phone to document the occasion. Plus, if I'd have put cheese on Pearl's spaghetti she would have screamed and this post would have never happened. But those are my breadsticks.)

No comments: