Monday, February 13, 2012

From mild curiosity to sheer torment

Boys need haircuts a lot more often than girls! Cole usually ends up getting a trim when his hair is 4+ inches long on top and his ears and the back of his neck can't been seen anymore. It gets pricey to keep him looking somewhat respectable. So for Christmas I bought Fern (well, really Jeff) a clipper set. From the looks of these pictures, you'd think I'd bought him a pink bunny suit and forced him to wear it.

I think Cole was still hoping he was headed for a bath at this point. That, or he was happy to be half-naked. So we go from mild curiosity at the new clippers and combs....
To a look of "I don't think I am going to like this, Mom"...To tears, screams, and drool....Followed by a moment of calm....But it didn't last long.Then panic set in when Cole realized he had tons of hair all over his fingers from touching the bathroom counter and clipper...Proceeded by the realization that the hair was now in his mouth and all over his face....He kept looking at me and crying, "Mamma! Mamma!" A couple of hugs later and all seemed calm...Never mind.Almost finished....The aftermath. A whole lot of hair all over the entire bathroom. Not to mention all over Jeff and Cole. Cole looked like a hairy monkey with all that furry hair on his shoulders and back.
I must say, Jeff did a good job considering he has no barber training and Cole was in no mood for a haircut.

No comments: