I don't know what's gotten into me the last few weeks. Every time I drop the kids off at daycare, I spend a good 20 minutes trying to get all the real babies to smile at me. Or stop crying.... it just depends on the day.
Then my cousins came over for a visit and had to bring their 7 month-old baby, Haze, with them! How dare they bring a squishable, chunky, smiley, happy, adorable baby boy into my home! Don't they know what they're doing to me? I wanted to keep him!
Haze.

Haze sucking his toes.
But the last straw was selling my glider rocker. I almost backed out of the sale and probably would have, had it not been for the lady telling me it was a gift for her sister who was having her first baby and who really wanted a glider rocker but couldn't afford a new one. I'd been telling myself for a good six months that we just didn't have room to keep it anywhere in our 100+ year-old house now that it wasn't a necessity for nursing. I tried prepping for the day when it'd actually be gone but even the $60 (a screaming deal considering it was in excellent condition and the matching ottoman had NEVER been used) didn't make me feel any better when I saw it driving away. It was too late before I realized I don't have a single picture of me with either one of my babies rocking in it. That's when I did cry. I know it's just a chair but there were four years of memories wrapped up into it. Every time I saw it, I remembered all those quiet moments in the wee hours of the morning with just my babies. No one else was awake, we were all alone in their quiet, peaceful room, rocking and rocking. Those are the memories I wish you could capture on camera...
So yeah, I admit it. I'm baby hungry.
But so as not to get anyone's hopes up (or encourage Jeff to high-tail it out of here), I am NOT pregnancy hungry. There's a difference. Especially for all my 9-month-puking, just send me to the mental hospital or put me in a coma, IV-pumping, Zofran loving moms who despite what they always tell you, DO remember all the vomiting, barfy taste in your mouth 24/7 for 40 weeks, get REALLY sick friends out there. You know who you are.
I'd have a dozen kids if I could just go through labor and delivery, but the previous 40 weeks, no thank you! I guess I'll have to come to terms with the fact that my baby is all grown up.
3 comments:
YOu are making me tear up talking about your glider. I feel the same way.
There IS a difference, that is why i have to focus on the baby part, not the pregnant part, yuck. And there are so many things I wish I would have taken pictures of...well, I mean had someone take pictures of me doing, ya know. Dang! And your pictures are really good, all of them! Superbowl food makes me want to life that day all over again, love the food!
I hear ya loud and clear on having lots of kids but not being pregnant!!! I know I'm one of those shout outs ;) Maybe adoption???
Post a Comment