Pitch.
I still don't get the rules, it's not a simple, slap-n-swear game like Hell. It involves math and you actually need to have a strategy to win. Plus, there's not nearly the excitement and shouting like Hell. Oh, don't get me wrong, there's plenty of creative words flowing from our mouths.... what game has a off-Jack or is that a Jack-off (he he) and "trumps." Since I still don't get the game, here's a link to the official rules.
I was so confused and tired that I made my brother, Kurtis, draw up a cheat sheet for me. I'm a dork like that. A book worm you might say. Not the street-savvy type that could pick up any gambling game and win. My Dad told us when we get better though, we'd implement the quarter betting into the game. Of which he and Kimmy would get rich off of us with.
It's weird because I can stay up all night at home blogging but have to have lively action to keep me awake on vacation. Like a game of Hell. I only made it to 1 o'clock the first night my Dad taught us how to play. Jeff on the other hand, had so much fun that on night two of family Pitch, he kept everyone up until 3 a.m.! YES, PEOPLE... 3 IN THE MORNING! I'm pretty sure Jeff has never stayed up that late before. Needless to say, he slept in until almost 11 (again something very, very unusual) and took a nap that afternoon. He had fun though. And I'm guessing since I was the only one who went to bed early that night (10:30... what is wrong with Jeff and I? It's like we switched bodies!), I'm going to have to learn the rules better because Pitch is here to stay.
1 comment:
Hmmm . . . Pitch is an OLD game, not new. And don't try to learn it from the rules you posted, cause they are a little different than our family plays (which is how your Dad plays). We used to play all night for quarters so we would hopefully have gas money to make it home!
Post a Comment