Sunday, June 27, 2010

I don't want to go home!

I can't blame Pearl for not wanting to come home after three days of playing at Grandpa and Grandma's house. I mean, I don't make her Mickey Mouse pancakes, take her to Starbucks for strawberry milk and McDonald's for lunch, have a riding lawn mower (the "tractor") to take a cruise on, and let her eat popcorn to her heart's content. Nor have I taken her to feed any ducks, in her bathing suit no less, or bought her a new princess dress. And let's face it, the poor kid gets ignored most of the day when she's home with me and Cole. It's just more fun in Logan than it is at home. And does Pearl let us know it! We practically have to drag her out of the car when she gets home and that's after bribery by Grandma just to get her to in the van in the first place.

Even with the reminder that "I don't want to come home!" I missed this little twirp during her recent getaway. Cole is fun and all (exhaustingly fun) but it's nice to have someone you can actually have a somewhat adult conversation with.
Ok, so sometimes I could do without the constant talking, whining, yelling "no" at me, and asking "why?" to every single thing I ask her to do but when it comes right down to it, I missed her little voice and spunky personality. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely to have a few days with just Cole and I sure appreciate my in-laws for taking her but at night I missed getting "hugs" and a kiss from my "best buddy" (see here for further explanation on that one).

I missed fighting her about how to comb her hair now that it's getting more and more curly (and unruly) everyday.
I missed watching her dance around the house and singing to Mama Mia.

I missed picking up her red lacy "hooker" dress up shoes 500 times and finding dress up and princess attire strewn about the house.
I missed watching in awe as she comes up with some imaginary game to keep herself entertained when I'm taking care of Cole.

I missed my always eager helper in the kitchen when I'm in the mood (or told I'm in the mood by Pearl) to bake muffins or cookies.
I missed having someone to take to the park or to get out the pool for. I missed reading her a story before bedtime (the video is of her reading me a story... she was playing school. She was the teacher and I was the kid).

I just missed her. Life wouldn't be the same without my Pearl Jenette!

2 comments:

Kami said...

I didn't see a single weapon in that book. I had no idea that was possible.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little girl!! I just want to reach through the screen and squeeze her. She is just adorable!! I'm lovin' her curls!
I'm glad she made it back and now you can enjoy her...even if it's still dispersed with the "no's" and the "why's".
Your Cole is a little angel. He is such a doll with tons of beautiful hair! Give yourself a break, Jenny!! Adjusting to kiddos is tough and just keeping them alive and you sane is a feat. Pat yourself on the back, Momma--your doing great. Being a mother is the toughest job and they seem to be doing wonderfully (even if there is laundry to be done and dishes sitting in the sink). There is a time and a season for everything. I am sure there will be a time when everything is done, and you'll be sitting with a lot of time on your hands. Just enjoy your kiddos and give 'em a squeeze. :)
oh, I wanted to let you know that Cooper and Ella had reflux. It gets better, I promise. Your going through the ringer right now, but it will get easier, I promise!!