Pearl-isms: funny things a two year old comes up with.Pearl-ism #1
Pearl: "Mom I don't have boobs."
Me: "Yes, you do. They're just little ones."
Pearl: "Oh. I need to buy bigger boobs."
Me: "Where do you buy bigger boobs?"
Pearl: "At the grocery store."
Me: "Oh yeah? Who is going to buy them for you?"
Pearl: "Daddy."
Me: (Thinking to myself) "Not before Daddy buys me some!"
Pearl-ism #2On Sunday (in the middle of sacrament meeting), Pearl was laying on my stomach, much to my discomfort, when all of a sudden, WHAM! Yep, the sibling battles have begun. Pearl sat up and looked at me like "hey what was that?" I asked her if she felt my tummy move and she said yes. When we explained that it was the baby kicking and moving around she giggled and said "Ricco (aka The Boy) he needs to come out!"
She also tells us random things about Ricco like he's going to have stinky diapers (oh if she only knew the truth behind this), he's going to go potty outside (proceeded by lots of laughing), the penguins are in my tummy, and that he's getting bigger (she happened to say this after noticing my expanding belly and pointing out that my tummy was bigger too).
Pearl-ism #3Pearl: "Sing me the Spectrum song." (It doesn't matter how many times we tell her it's the Scotsman, she still calls it the Spectrum because she knows that's where you sing the USU Fight song.)
Me or Jeff: "Show me the Scotsman who doesn't love the thistle. Show me the Englishman who doesn't love the rose. Show me a true blooded Aggie from Utah who doesn't love the spot (clap, clap) where the sagebrush GROWS!"
If you've never seen the Scotsman before, watch this video. Then imagine the biggest two-year old Aggie fan on the planet who just loves to "milk the cow," clap, and say "Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!" I still think it's some of Jeff's proudest moments to have his kid ask to sing the Scotsman and tell everyone that Big Blue lives in the Spectrum.
Pearl-ism #4Pearl: "Mom, you married Dad?"
Me: "Yes, I married Dad."
Pearl: "Oh. You married Dad in the temple?"
Me: "Yes, I married Dad in the temple in Logan. Logan has a temple."
Me: "Do you want to get married in the temple?"
Pearl: "No. I want get married in the castle, like Aunt Kimberly." (The "castle" is Old Main on USU's campus, where Kimmy did get married)
Me: "Why don't you want to get married in the temple? The temple looks like a castle."
Pearl: "You dance in the temple?"
Me: "No." Then it became obvious why she wanted to get married in the castle instead... no dancing. We have a few years to work on that one, I hope.
6 comments:
funny. Cute kid. You have your hands full.
tell her, her uncle Kurtis and Jacob used to pee outside all the time. They would find ants to pee on. Kurt may not appreciate my passing on this information but I used to laugh about it when they were little, still do.
Maren
Dude, this is hilarious! Pearl is awesome. I miss her at night. Hope she wasn't too rotten tonight after not taking a nap!
Totally made me smile! What a fun way to start my day!!
I love what kids think of and come up with!
This is why I love working with kids! They always have the best things to say!!! Plus, they are always so honest, ha ha ha!
We don't milk Bulls - we beat down the the highlands (like a Scotsman)
You can have BIG boobs before Pearl (unless Pearl's are natural)
We loved hangin with you guys! Thanks for waiting for a million years to have dinner with us. :)
Post a Comment