My first boyfriend was a cheap-o who didn't last much longer than the four months I needed him. Plus he wasn't that cute or soft. But this go around I learned my lesson and brought home a new boyfriend who's plush, super soft, and sexy (you really can buy anything from Costco!). Not that he will be replacing Jeff permanently, but he sure is fun to cuddle up with! And he doesn't complain when I put my cold feet on him. Now if I could only convince Pearl that he's my pillow and not hers!
While I'm discussing pregnancy, let me say it's against my better judgment to post this picture but I've had friends ask to see my belly. It seems like every time I'm in the picture taking mood and thinking I look really good, Jeff's not really in the mood to actually take my picture or I get home from work too late and all the natural light in our house is gone. So here's the first belly shot we've taken this ENTIRE pregnancy - 24 weeks! I know it's pathetic. But even with Pearl I think we took maybe two actual belly shots during the whole nine months. When I think about it, by the time I stop puking and actually shower, comb my hair, and wear something other than my pajamas I'm halfway done anyway. I know lots of women who document every single month (or more) what their changing body looks like but I just don't find it too fun to try and look sexy with a big belly, cankles, or swollen legs and face. I'll take the swollen chest though but I'm pretty sure my blog would be considered porn if I asked Jeff to take a picture of that!
I know every pregnancy is different and this one is no exception. I've been sick longer (still get nauseous at night even now) with the boy than I was with Pearl but with Pearl it was more intense, probably because I didn't know that one isn't supposed to loose 15 lbs in two weeks or feel like you're on the brink of death from dehydration. The boy doesn't move as much as Pearl did either. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. From about week 16 on, Pearl moved pretty much non stop from the moment I got up until the moment I went to bed. The boy is just the opposite - I didn't feel him move until about week 18. He seems to move the from the moment I get up in the middle of the night to pee until about 9 a.m. and then picks up speed right when I'm going to bed.We're also way, way, way less prepared for the boy than the first go around. Weird but even though we haven't bought any clothes, diapers, picked out paint for the nursery, bought bedding, or anything else we need we aren't completely panicked over it either. We don't even have a name for this kid - still!!! Every few days I really freak out thinking about everything we've got to do not just for the boy but for Pearl too. She's sleeping in the backroom in her new bed (with just sheets because we don't have any twin sized bedding for her yet) but all of her clothes and toys are still in her old room. We don't have a dresser for her either. I keep hoping I can talk my dad or grandpa into refinishing a dresser that was Jeff's great grandma's but no luck so far. I think Pearl thinks she's camping or something but geez I feel terrible that she's living in two rooms. Our biggest problem is we have absolutely no storage room for anything and cleaning out two rooms is the last thing I want to do when I get home from work. We've got to try and sell our spare bunkbeds (any takers? $200 bucks for twin sized bunk beds and mattresses that have only been used a few times) which are piled in our computer/sunroom and decide what else we want to sell or beg our parents to store for us. Do you sell your cedar chest from your grandparents because you just have no room for it, seriously... there is no where to put the thing in our tiny house! Urghhh I better stop thinking about it because I'm staring to freak out again! I guess we'll get there eventually but it would sure be nice to wave a magic wand and have everything in order before this kid comes.
8 comments:
Hang in there! No one is as quick to get things done for #2 as they were for #1. And I'm sure P could care less that she is living in two rooms. I promise it will all come together, and if not, who cares? The Boy won't notice he's sleeping in the clothes basket for a few weeks! And he won't care what color the nursery is. :)
If it makes you feel better we still do not have a name, and little boy is now scheduled to come out via c-section in a couple weeks. We have NO IDEA what to name him. I am hoping for a miracle name to come up on of these days that we both like. Also, our baby doesn't have a room either. He will get half of ours, where his pack and play fits for him to sleep in the bassinet part, and half 1/3 of our other room in the apartment where his dresser slash changing table is. That will be known as the office/guest room/nursery. And as you can imagine, lots of baby "stuff" in our living room! Ha ha ha. Oh apartment city living how I am going to hate thee soon!!!!
I think you look great in your picture!!! I am glad you felt good enough to take a picture. I know how that is. I think I have a boy Pearl in me, he has moved non stop for I don't know how many weeks now! I don't think he ever sleeps!!!!
Hope that you keep doing well and good luck with your new boyfriend!!
I love to hear how you are doing. Pregnancy is so hard and yet I still want to have another baby. Imagine that!
I loved my body pillow. And Mike was jealous at first but after he used it a few times he was in love with it too.
I think you look great. And I have been meaning to post the pizza recipe. I'll try to get it up this weekend.
Jenny,
we have some room in our garage if you want to store the beds or the cedar chest.
Hey Jenny - I'm interested in your bunk beds if you are seriously selling them let me know. We're here in Provo and Tom has a truck to pick them up. After having two girls I would do a boy, let me know how that is.
I'd but you bunk beds in a heart beat if i didn't live 2000 miles away! i'm on the look out for a good wood set.
Not having a name picked out at 24 weeks sounds pretty normal to me- you still have 4 months to figure that one out!
You are darling! I knew you would be, but it is SO fun to see your preggers belly!! :)
No worries about not being prepared...we have NO room in this house for our upcoming little girl...she will be sleeping in a play pen in my room until me move in June. Her clothes are in plastic drawers and baskets...uggh! You have plenty of time to work it all out!
Isn't it crazy how alike and yet different pregnancies can be. Definitely that way with this little beastette.
I adore body pillows! They keep both my husband and me happy!! :)
well.......you look great! hang in there till it is over! if anyone can sympathize with a rough pregnancy, it is me! ha!
Post a Comment