I'm not really sure how the conversation got started, but Jeff was telling Pearl she was his daughter. She was probably teasing him by calling him "Joff" or "Mommy" or something of that sort. Anyway, Pearl would admittedly respond "No Dad! I'm Pearl!" or "Me Pearl!" The funniest part though is how she says her own name. Instead of it sounding like it should, it sort of becomes this "Purwhirl"....ok so I have no clue how to spell out phonetically how she actually says her name but it is hilarious! Even after a few days she still hasn't figured out that her being a daughter is actually correct. It really is amazing to me how much she understands, remembers, and figures out on her own. She is such a smartie pants and we can't get enough of her antics!Oh and today Pearl has figured out that if she wants me to stay longer at daycare when I drop her off, to tell me "Hugs" and "Kiss." It doesn't matter that I always give her a big hug, kiss, and tell her I love her (along with the lecture about sharing, being nice to your friends, and being good for your teachers) because as soon as I get up to leave, she's tugging at my legs, arms outstretched asking for another hug. With a cute little face and wild hair, I can't tell her no and end up being another 15 minutes late to work. Oh well, at least I know she loves me!
Ok, one last thing I promise! This kid just does the most funny things and I know if I don't write them down somewhere, even if it's on a blog, I'll forget them. The last few weeks Pearl has implemented the squish-your-cheeks maneuver when she wants you to listen too her. She puts both of her little hands on your cheeks, gets within a centimeter of your face, and either says "Listen Mom, shhhh!" or jabbers at you. Sometimes I think she just does this to get my attention or make me laugh. Either way she thinks it's pretty funny and most of the time pretty effective in getting what she wants.
I think that's the last thing I forgot... for now.
2 comments:
She got the face holding thing from me telling her in the store and at church to use out inside voice and to not yell in the store.
Jenny -- your comments about Pearl make me laugh. Jacob went through all those stages. He still uses the "both hands on my face and listen mommy" stage. I think it is hilarious, but now he has added, "Mommy, listen me, now," stage.
Post a Comment