I have to say Pearl cracks us up! She is so dang funny and I haven't been very good about recording these silly moments lately. Like today (and everyday for about a month now), she tells me "You're in trouble Mom" and points her finger at me when she doesn't want to do something. Apparently sitting 3 inches from the TV is better for your eyes than 3 feet away. Jeff and I get in trouble about 20 times a day and most of the time we can't figure out why. It always makes us laugh though.And this morning Pearl refused to leave for school without her giant purple Easter bunny. Who knows why, she hasn't touched the thing in months. So, rather than pick a fight I knew wasn't worth the 15 minutes of screaming, I let her drag it out to the car. Once we got to work I strapped that rabbit in her car seat because there was no way I was going to let her take it to class. She must have forgot about bringing it because when we left work, I said "Look who's in your seat! What a silly bunny!" and Pearl started giggling. Not just any giggling though, the hard core, hurt your stomach, throw you head back kind of giggles. She thought it was the funniest thing she'd seen all day! Two minutes later, she tossed the bunny aside and was begging for a banana (I've learned that the ride home is much happier for both of us if we have fruit on hand).
Then tonight after our walk we stopped by the park. Sometimes Pearl can be quite the pansy and will refuse to go on the slides unless "Mommy help you" (translation, "Mommy help me") is involved. But tonight she decided that if the "big kids" can do it, so can she. She climbed up and down the biggest, most scary slide there was over and over again. After she'd get off, she would run around screaming like a girl. It wasn't a scared kind of scream though, but a silly girl kind with her hands flapping up and down at the wrists (sort of like your stereotypical gay run). What a goon! She gets it from her father.
4 comments:
Let me clarify - she get's FUNNY from me - not running like a fairy.
Oh bummer I was looking forward to seeing the fairy run down the hall at work! Pearl is such a cutie!
Ooh, the imagery made me laugh. Aren't kiddies funny...and annoying, but I like the funny better! She's a cutie!
Sorry, that was me, Lib, posting as Kit...ugggh!
Post a Comment