Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Florida: Day 5

We slept in today until 10 am! It was glorious!!! Until I realized that one, the free breakfast we had acquired last night for simply finding out one of the phones didn't work, was only until 11:30 and two, that Kimmy might not have enough time to go para sailing. She was so excited to go and tried to talk me into coming but luckily I didn't have enough time to go before my afternoon meetings started. So we hurried downstairs for breakfast where we met the nicest waitress who thought Kimmy was 16. She nearly fell down when she found out Kimmy was married and that I had a two year old. Guess we have ageless genes. After feasting yet again, I headed off to my meetings (very interesting...using stories for evaluation and research) and my mom and sister headed to the pool for one last attempt at a tan. It was FREAKING hot this day! I tried to get a picture of Tampa Bay from our hotel room but my camera lens kept fogging up from the heat and humidity. Even the Floridians were saying it was miserable and record heat. My mom and sister dropped me off at the airport (with plenty of time to sit on my butt too I might add) and they headed into Tampa for another day of fun at the Lowery Zoo. Now that I've seen the pictures Kimmy took I am so mad I couldn't stay another day! They had baby hippos, elephants, monkeys, white tigers, manatees, zebras, everything! Bummer. I got to Atlanta (my favorite city, NOT) waited for my layover to get done and headed into Salt Lake. Normally I sleep on flights, even in the day but tonight I decided to read the book I had brought with me, "Band of Brothers." Jeff had read it and then we borrowed the mini-series from my brother (which we still haven't taken back) and kept telling me to read it. But with school I never wanted to read anything. I couldn't put it down and I'm sure annoyed everyone around me because I was the only person on the plane with their reading light on. Oh well. I finished the book yesterday and now want to watch the mini-series again. If you get the chance, you should pick it up at the library!

Walking out of the terminal was a temperature shock to say the least! While I was enjoying sunny Florida, Utah was in another week of cold and rain. I nearly froze trying to find my car as I wandered up and down the parking lot at midnight! It's always good to be home and I always get butterflies in my tummy as I pull into the driveway. Knowing I get to see my totally awesome Super Hero husband and adorable little girl just makes me tingle inside! Now the pile of laundry, dirt on the floors, toys strewn about, and dishes in the sink aren't so exciting but that's the price you pay for fun.

4 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

So bummed I couldn't go para sailing. And you missed out at the zoo, it was great! Oh, and also, The waitress thought I was TWELVE. She tried to give me a freed kids breakfast, remember?!

Jeff Johnson said...

It was not as bad at home as you lead eveeryone to believe...

The dishes were maybe 2 and the toys were confined to the toy room, but the carpet did need a good cleaning...Rockstars don't clean you know.

Emilee said...

i am so jealous you are over there and i am totally impressed that you are blogging during your vacation! wow!

Anonymous said...

What fun!! I am glad that you were able to have such a great time with you mom and sister. Bummer that you weren't able to go to the zoo.
btw...love that Jeff said rockstars don't clean...hilarious.