Florida: Day 2
I actually worked a full day today, sitting in lots of meetings (with the sneak out to during lunch to lounge in the sunshine) and soaking up lots of new knowledge. Afterward I plopped down in front of the TV - we don't have cable so I am always fascinated by Discovery, HGTV, the Food Network, and TLC shows given the chance to see them (which reminds me, what happens to Jon and Kate?) - and tried to wait patiently for my mom and sister to get in. What I didn't expect was for them to bring the rainy weather from Utah to my glorious paradise! As soon as they got to Clearwater, the clouds rolled in, it started to rain, and the lightening began to dance off the ocean. It was actually kind of cool to watch which is saying a lot for me considering that I am scared of thunderstorms. Long story...
My sister was fascinated by the palm trees and insisted on getting a picture with one. I'm not sure why, but (brace yourself) I wasn't really in the picture taking mood this trip. I guess I was more excited to just relax and enjoy myself. It became fairly obvious by the end of our trip too because I was slacking on the picture taking and couldn't seem to get a single shot of myself that I liked. Maybe it was the makeup dripping off my face from the heat, or my lack of stretching out my mouth before a picture was taken (yes, I'm weird and stretch out my mouth so I can smile big), or the fact that I seem to like less and less my smile (and body for that matter...especially with all the hottie-tottie tan bikini bods running around everywhere, and I do mean everywhere), or my out of control curly hair with the humidity, or who knows what but whatever the reason the pictures just don't do justice how much fun we had.We skipped the sunset at Pier 60 and instead strolled along Sand Key Beach next to the resort. Kimmy turned into a five-year-old when she found a bucket and shovel and started to make a sandcastle.

Once my mom started falling asleep on the beach we figured it was time to hit the sack. Well, my mom and sister went to bed. I however, stayed up way too late as usual when I travel, watching these amazing cake decorators and crazy fishermen on TV. Flipping back and forth between the Food Network and Discovery until almost 1 am! And that was after staying up the night before until almost 2 am! My body just gets so messed up with a two hour time difference and since I stay up late anyway, I was really out of whack. Oh well, if you're going to "party like a rock star" as Jeff and Pearl were at home, you might as well go all out and totally wear yourself out, right?
1 comment:
It looks like you had an awesome time in Florida! I am so jealous! And how fun to be able to party with your sister and mom!
P.S. Jon and Kate are getting divorced. They announced it last night. (It would probably be better if we didn't have cable :)
Post a Comment