Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh baby, oh baby!

I've always wanted to go to Baby Animal Days and now that I have a kid, I have a great excuse to drive to Wellsville just to hold and cuddle new spring baby animals. And I'm giving everyone a tip who wants to go but doesn't want to deal with the estimated crowds of 15,000 plus! Don't go Easter weekend. Wait until they have just the baby animals out the following two weekends and skip all the extra fluff activities that you just end up waiting hours in line for anyway. It was a perfect weekend to go, not too hot, no crowds, and tons of fun! Oh, minus the forgetting of the sunscreen...oops.
Pearl loves reading about farm animals and I was hoping seeing them in real life wouldn't freak her out too much. She did great and was happy to chase chickens, pet the baby goats, ride on the wagon, and of course the pony rides! But I'm pretty sure my sister was more excited to be there than me, Pearl, and my mom combined. She kept texting her hubby and asking if she could bring home various farm animals - turtles, chickens, ducks. And Kimmy is pretty sure she has a new career as a chicken whisperer after clucking to one hen who then laid an egg! No kidding either. Kind of freaky that Kimmy can communicate with a chicken. I told her she must have scared the *$!@ out of her to get that egg out!The last time I took Pearl on a pony ride she screamed the entire time. But she really wanted to go so we saddled her up and she loved it! She didn't even mind wearing the helmet. We ended up going three times. The last time because my silly mom turned the camera off and thought she was recording the video of Pearl riding the pony so we had a do-over ride. Good thing it only cost $2 after the first ride.The only animals that freaked Pearl out were the baby chickens and ducks. I can't blame her, the chickens were kind of freaky. They weren't the cute, just-hatched yellow ones you remember from elementary school but kind of scrawny, long feathery ones. Pearl was quick to point out any animals that were "pooey" smelling. It was hilarious because she didn't hold back at all in yelling it to entire farm. I was just glad she didn't step in any of the "pooey."My favorite was the soft and very tiny baby bunnies and this beautiful calf! I so wanted to take them home with me, but knew Jeff would either kill me or them, whichever was worth more! Sorry again for a monster post but with learning how to use my new camera I take oodles of pictures. Hopefully you enjoy them as much as we did!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

SO not where I thought this post was going :) Cute pics though! Your hair looks darker... just the lighting?

Jeff Johnson said...

Toni - you need to have a kid, not me.

Shawn and Ali said...

Oh...that sounds like so much fun! You are going to have to give me the details so I can go next year. (I am serious I really want to go.)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind a kiddo or 2 of my own ...but Jesus says I still should be married first ...therefore, I think YOU need another! :)

Emilee said...

i didnt even know you could go after eater, dang! i am going to do that, you got great pics with no crowds, next you i am there!