Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy to You

I am old and most days shocked to think I am not 21 anymore! To celebrate my birthday today, Pearl sang "Happy to You" to me with her dad and left me a "Happy to You" note in my lunchbox. It's so cute how she says "Happy to You" when you sing the Happy Birthday song. I really have no clue where she learned about it but she's been singing it for months now. I was actually quite surprised she cooperated with her dad and sang most of it with him. And just to clear up any misunderstandings about Pearl's outfit, NO I did not put her in a Halloween outfit all day. It was at daycare as a backup in case she had a blowout or spilled on her clothes and I finally cleaned out her bin and brought it home. She was so excited to see pants with candy on them and insisted on wearing it tonight, even though it was super tight on her. What a funny kid!

7 comments:

Cherissa said...

Jenny, can I just say you have the cutest little girl! I love reading your daily little updates- what a great way to find the humor and fun in everyday activity. Thanks for sharing. :)

Stephanie and Jason said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! Pearl is so cute!

The Conrad Family said...

Okay...that was adorable! How great that she actually performed on video...my kids never cooperate! Hope you had a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Happy To You!!!!
Aunt Sugar

Clayton and Heidi said...

So cute. I hope you have a "Happy to you" day.

Shawn and Ali said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!

Alicia Steere said...

"Happy to you" Jenny! Pearl is adorable and I loved how she just shook her head when she sang it, so professional, she must have really felt that song!!! haha I hope you had a great day! :)