Friday, February 20, 2009

First crush

Meet Josh. Some of you have heard about the infamous Josh but now you can see who this kid is that apparently Pearl is in love with. Josh is one of Pearl's friends at daycare and from the beginning she's been fascinated with him. I can't quite figure out why - they never play together and he ignores her most days not to mention the boogery nose. Maybe it's because "Josh" is an easy name to say and was one of her first words. Or maybe because she can boss him around, who knows. While Josh does get the privilege of being talked about on those long, boring weekends at home (for awhile every time we got in the car Pearl would ask to see him) he also gets blamed for anything that goes wrong at daycare (like Pearl telling me, "Josh bite! Ouch" whether he's the biter or not). He also gets mentioned in Pearl's sleep. The other day when I went to get Pearl for our afternoon walk her teachers asked me if Pearl talked in her sleep. Not that I noticed but apparently she talks about Josh during her naps. She said "Josh, sit down!' a few times (oh and "mean Daddy"...who knows where that came from). She's also said his name lovingly a few times before during her naps too. Great. My daughter's not even 2 and we've got to have "the talk" with her. Jeff has also told Josh he's watching him (after barging into Pearl's class one day and saying "Which one of you is Josh?") but I'm afraid the love birds don't care what their parents think about all this. But I guess being the only girl in her class, it was bound to happen at some point.

7 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

I'm watching you Josh......


ALWAYS WATCHING.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Now THAT is funny

Alicia Steere said...

That last picture is so cute. I am sure Jeff is thrilled that it is already beginning! haha

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog about my "rough day". It is always good to get words of encouragement from others with their heads on straight! Something good will come of it, it has too! :)

Alabama Apples said...

Love it! My kids start young with girlfriends...but never that young! Better lock the doors and bar the windows...but I'm sure Jeff is already on top of that!

Kiesha said...

Atleast she's got good taste! :0)

Kami said...

Ummmm.....excuse me, but aren't we arranging a marriage between Kaleb and Pearl?

Anonymous said...

Gabby will be in there soon to share the burden and take 1/2 the boys.