Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The embarassment should be over now

After a week of Jeff being totally embarassed by my last post on the "quirks" I have (like he doesn't have any gross quirks either), I figured it was high-time for me to put something new up. Apparently the girls at work have been giving him a really hard time and well, I suppose I was a bit too honest before. Plus I'm tired of him teasing me all the time. So... in my attempt to make up for my quirks I have done the following: 1) finished ALL of the laundry in 2 days (okay so I still have a few shirts drying that need to be hung up but everything else made it out of the dryer and laundry basket in less than 48 hours), 2) rearranged and washed everything in the fridge, and 3) CHOPPED my hair off! I guess in my futile attempt to become America's Next Top Model, I figured getting a hair cut on a very bad hair day, would make me feel better. You would have thought that one, I wouldn't have cut my hair short right before my sister's wedding just in case I hated it and two, that I would have taken a picture afterwards to post but nope! I still haven't taken a picture of the new look but hopefully will have one by Thursday since that's the day my little sis gets hitched (and hopefully I am having a fabulous hair day). I guess it's not that short but for someone who has only had long hair, a new do that is above the shoulders is short. It's growing on me but I still miss pulling it back into a ponytail. Luckily though, Pearl doesn't pull at it nearly as much now that she can't grab it.

Speaking of Pearl, can I just say that she is definitely her father's child. It is now apparent that she inherited the "Johnson shoe gene." It's a sick, sick disease that Jeff shares with his mom and sister and now Pearl! She would wear all of her shoes if we let her and on Sunday attempted to wear two pairs at one time. She found some sandals that our neighbor gave her that are too big but threw a royal fit until we put them on her. It was hilarious because as soon as she had them on, she went tromping all over the house with a big grin on her face. Then last night we found some cute boots Kimmy brought home from Alaska (by the way, Kimmy is officially moved out and Pearl/Jeff have reclaimed the play room) and she wanted those on. So here she is in the middle of summer in shorts and fuzzy boots. She was pretty cute in them! And tonight, she ran around the house butt naked with just shoes on. I tell ya, we're in for it come 14 years from now! At least Jeff will finally have someone to go shoe shopping with.

Oh and a short video of Pearl playing in the freezing mountain stream up the canyon. We were bored on the 24th and angry at all the people parking in our driveway for the park festivities so we headed up the canyon for tin foil dinners. Let me just say that I've never thought of camping as a relaxing vacation (although Jeff loves camping so I go to make him happy) but with a 1 year old heading straight for the water, it was definitely not relaxing. Man, how did my parents do this with 4 kids and a dog? But looking back, it was fun to just hang out with my hubby and baby. Pearl seemed to love the dirt and throwing rocks in the water and Jeff does cook a mean tin foil dinner.


6 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

YEA!!! - Finally we have something worth reading. Thanks for changing up the blog.

Pearl sure loved the water. And yes we love new shoes - is that a crime?

Anonymous said...

Fast work Jeff getting that pebble out of her mouth. I'm impressed. Nicole B.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Your sister is getting married on Thursday? My sister is too. Funny thing about the haircut. You have always had long hair and cut it off to above your shoulders and think it is short. I have always had short hair and have grown it out to my shoulders and think that it is long. You need to post a pic of your hair.

Shelly Traveller said...

I know camping is a chore with children, you can't really relax because your always worried about where the are and what they are doing. It takes alot of the fun out of it. I can't wait to see your hair!

BTW your quirks can't be to embarassing because we all know that we do the same things, we just don't want to admit it :)

Alabama Apples said...

I can't wait to see your hair! Your make me laugh with your hubby's shoe fetish-Steph definitely shares that one. I missed out when I received such wide, large feet--uggh! I love the antics of Pearl...naked with shoes! I know a few people who would probably love to be running around like that now-days...my husband wishes for such things...

Charee B Mcclellan said...

i liked reading your quirks, so don't you worry about being too overly embarrased! ok so how you pur your list on (very stressful)if I was to do it again, when you have some time....go thru and write down all of your blogger friends and what their link is on paper. (dont erase yet) then go to the cutomize and add page element. the very top left corner is a NEW list of blogger something or other. you have to type in all of the list o family and friends one by one. on the top, middle of this page it gives you some options of what you want to see. it really helps in the long run, cuz you dont have to click on everybody's all of the time.(just when updated) sometimes i like to see only the titles, other times the times, some times both. other options also. let me know if you understand this, good luck!