Sunday, July 27, 2008

Am I really this weird?

The RULES
1. Link the person who tagged you...Liberty
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.

First of all, I have to admit some of my quirks are the same as Lib's so that said, visit her blog and guess which ones. But to play fairly, I'll add six new ones.

1. I never finish the laundry. Well, let me reword that last sentence - I never finish putting the laundry away. Without a doubt each week, the last load to get put in the dryer stays there for a good 3 or 4 days, if it's lucky, but most of the time it sits there until I start the next week's laundry. Only when I open the dryer to put in a new load do I realize that once again I've forgotten about it. I don't know why I do this, logically you would think if someone has spent several hours sorting, spraying, washing, and folding that all the laundry would get put away. And yet, it doesn't. I even remind myself throughout the day to not forget the last load. And I'm getting worse than before because I usually have one laundry basket full of clean and folded clothes just waiting to be put in drawers the entire week too. I don't think I'm too tired to finish, just lazy I guess. I used to love laundry days but now the thrill of cleaning just isn't there anymore. It seems a lot of my life is symbolic of the last load never getting finished. Sigh...

2. Please don't let this next quirk rein a friendship! I admit I've done some gross things before and this is my chance to come clean. I've peed in the shower. I've picked my nose. I've bitten my own toe nails. And I pick at my split ends. Yes, they're all true! With regards to the peeing, I just never got why anyone would get out of the shower, towel off, and sit on the toilet naked just to pee. All of you Seinfeld fans are thinking of that episode where George pees in the shower at a gym and I have to agree with George, it all goes to the same place. And just to justify my grossness, there were days when I was up at 3 am feeding Pearl that picking my nose or split ends was seriously the only way I could stay awake long enough to ensure her safety by not dropping her because I was so tired and the darn little twirp wouldn't burp!

3. If my husband would let me, I would preen him everyday. I would love to grab hold of his eyebrows and give them a good trimming. I have this quirk that I pull at my own eyebrows (or pick at my split ends - hmmm maybe it's time for a haircut) when I get bored, tired, or frustrated. It doesn't hurt and I don't get why he is such a baby about letting me pull an eyebrow that is sticking straight out. It would be for his own good, I mean who but a loving wife doesn't want to ensure her hubby is looking fabulous! I'm sure he would let me pop his zits or something totally gross like that and that would actually hurt, so what's the big deal with eyebrows?

4. I've always wanted to be a model. Pathetic and totally worldly I know. But seriously, for some reason I am totally drawn to the whole idea of getting dolled up, looking gorgeous, having my pictures taken, and getting paid millions to look beautiful. But fat girls who hate shopping and don't know a thing about hair, makeup, or fashion just aren't cut out to be models. I guess I'll have to live out my fantasy by watching America's Next Top Model!

5. Given the chance, I would brush my teeth 50 times a day. I am totally paranoid that I have horrible breath (yes, Jeff I know I have awful morning breath) or something caught in my teeth. In college I always had a pack or two of Breathsavers handy for this very reason. My doctor once told me that no matter how gross you think you are, smell, or look if you've brushed your teeth then nothing else matters. I guess she had seen some pretty stinky patients in her day and figured a clean mouth made up for it. The only bad part about having a clean and healthy smile is going to the dentist every 6 months. I hate it! I sit there white knuckled and in extreme fear. I've even had the dentist ask me if I'm going to be okay or pass out. Luckily, we've finally found a great dentist, it's just his dental assistants that scare me!

6. I love a clean house. I hate dust, crumbs on the floor, and most of all food in the sink. I'm sure Jeff is laughing hysterically at this because he will be the first to tell everyone that I used to clean the house every week but now, well let's just say that keeping a spotless house with a 13 month old (aka "The Tornado") is nearly impossible. Fine, I admit my house is not what it used to be and organization has seen better days but I still love a clean house nonetheless. I like to think of my lifestyle now as much more relaxed, even though it's probably just an excuse to blog instead of dust. I tell ya, before Jeff and Pearl came along I was a wacko, obsessive compulsive, neat freak who even had to have her closet organized according to color, style, and season. It nearly killed me!

And as a bonus here are a few more quirks I have: I love the smell of gasoline/Rubber Cement/paint; I'm afraid of snakes, the wind, thunder and lightning, and getting a cavity or worse root canal; I hate grocery shopping mainly because I spend way too much and am a horrible cook; I couldn't blow my nose until I was married (Stop laughing 'cause I'm serious! Jeff made so much fun of me that I "practiced" blowing my nose until I finally figured it out.); I have a crown (yes like old people have on their teeth), I peed my pants at Lagoon, and I hate, hate, hate talking on the phone!

I tag Becky, Keisha, Toni, Rachel, Chandi, and Haley.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The laundry one really surprises me ...that's one of the things I remember you being the most ocd about ...didn't you never let your mom do your laundry? Lol! I'll work on my list!

Jeff Johnson said...

I now need my own personal shower!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

loved reading this post....it is so great to get to know people just from a silly tag! i've pee'd on the shower too...don't you fill bad....i'm sure most everyone has..just wont admit it!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I loved your post! I absolutely love to preen my hsuband, too! I totally agree...who else but a loving wife would help them?? My husband calls me a monkey trying to "pick" at my babies. I like to think it's just good hygine. ;)
Oh! I was going to tell you that I am still quite a novice with little girls' hair. Ella has me quite befuddled at the moment. Her hair is getting too long on top and yet, not long enough to actully do much with. I could pull it up into a "spout", but I think that it just accentuates her cheeks. So, I just strap a big bow on her head and try to gel/fluff her hair. When she gets a bit older, I am slightly more experienced...I guess we'll see. :)

Emilee said...

ok, so much to say: 1st, we have that same blue dress, the girls have matching ones, cute! and, i totally agrww about peeing in the shower! in fact, i am tempted to do it in the pool because we all know everyone else has! and, why dont you come clean off all my dust and crumbs and trade that for some pictures i take or something! oh, and last, one memory, i remember your fam was selling that old boat car that was like orange, and i thought it was so cool! i remember going to your house and looking at it!

Alabama Apples said...

Ha! Yes, I've peed in the shower...really who hasn't? Guilty of most of yours, in fact! And give me a BREAK when you say you're fat...uggh! But I too love Top Model. I love finding out the nitty-gritty about people!

Kristine said...

Jenny, I found your blog from Kristys. To fun! I was wondering if you know who took Kristys wedding pictures. I think he was your Uncle or something. I wanted to see about buying the negitives of her wedding. She mentioned about getting them and I thought I would check it out for her. Could you email me his phone number or email address.
Thanks so much.
Kristine Snell
ksnell@lifetimehi.com
480-844-3744

Natelli Johnston said...

I love your honesty, I have done all those things except pee in the shower. I want to see a pic of your hair cut! I will read below, maybe it is already there.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Holy crap Jenny! You post totally could have been all of my quirks.
1. I also "forget" about laundry. By the time I remember it is all so wrinkled that I have to do it again.
2. I too pee have peed in the shower. nuf said.
3. i hate bad breath. I used to brush my teeth like 6 times a day. sad but true.
4. I too hate a messy house. However my lax days have come too and I don't even have kids. I think I might burn the place down.

BTW the blowing the nose thing...HILARIOUS!